• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Any OC'ers in Newark?

rottman43055

imported post

I carry everyday.

About 50% of the time now I OC (started out 2 or 3 days per week)

So far, one other here OC in Newark & was wondering, are thier others?

My cousin now OC from time to time as well

mikesmith

imported post

I have a house on Central Ave(RENTED), I open carry every chance I get. We are stationed in Sierra Vista AZ. Any problems with NEWARK PD or Licking county Sheriff ? CSM Smith USA.

rottman43055

imported post

My parents lived in Central about 10 years ago.

The NPD has only seen me once that I know of& they watched me but didn't bother me.

I sent Newark, Heath & Granville an e-mail asking if thier officers where well informed on open carry along with an OFCC link.

The Newark chief short e-mailinforming me he forwarded it to all on the department.

The Heath Chief sent a very nice e-mail saying while he didn't endorse it, they recognize its our right. He came across as a very nice guy.

Granville never responded.

So far so good, time will tell.