• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

LEO encounter Louisa County and an interesting reaction at a Harley dealership

Neplusultra

imported post

Prophet wrote:
I've thought of keeping a falcon and taking him out for walks and whatnot but living in the city the last thing i need is for him to swoop down and take off with someones chihuahua. We have some resident Perigrines here in Pittsburgh that keeps the Pigeon poluation under control...an occasional squirrel fits into there diet aswell...but I wonder if they would go after a pocketbook dog if it was running about. I kind of think it would.

Yeah, I would imagine as soon as they found out how tender and juicy they are due to lack of exercise (think veal) it would be game over for all the small lap dogs :^).

jhisaac1

imported post

With TLPD coming on Friday, someone should OC a brace of flintlock pistols tucked in their belts. The parrot would just be icing on the cake. (Or perhaps leaving some "icing" on his shoulder.)

rob99vmi04

imported post

Thanks for the links I went to Madmacaws website. Those PICTURES SERIOUSLY PISS ME OFF!!!..

I've got a Scarlet and what kind of Dip SPIT does THAT!

NinjaRider

imported post

rob99vmi04 wrote:
Thanks for the links I went to Madmacaws website. Those PICTURES SERIOUSLY PISS ME OFF!!!..

I've got a Scarlet and what kind of Dip SPIT does THAT!

I fostered the Scarlet Macaw "Cookie" who was heavily featured. It wasa terrible situation. It was made even worse by the Orange County Commonwealth's Attorney and the Gabriel Foundation.

I have seen photos of Cookie in her new home. Just a cage, outside. No perches or toys in evidence. Makes me ill to think about it.

rob99vmi04

imported post

Well Mine is in the living room and loves to talk. She also likes the dog a lot.

On a weekend you can litterly have a conversation for the entire day with her.

Tomahawk

imported post

Just make sure you watch out for hawks when taking your bird outdoors; they'll swoop down and snatch him right off your shoulder. My family once had a parakeet we kept in a cage near the living room window. One night while watching TV we heard a loud THUMP outside the window, and the poor bird took off flying around the house frantically, seriously spooked (we kept the cage door open so she could come out and play if she felt like it). Turns out a very large owl had spotted her and dove on her, only to be thwarted by the window pane. The owl was sitting on the railing outside shaking its head, and flew away before we could get the camera ready. I've always been a bird fan. Good pets, and you don't have to get up and walk them at 5 AM in the freezing cold.

W.E.G.

imported post

Maybe if somebody asks why you are carrying a gun and a bird, you can tell them you are building up your muscles so you can carry a cop instea of the gun.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Prophet wrote:
I've thought of keeping a falcon and taking him out for walks and whatnot but living in the city the last thing i need is for him to swoop down and take off with someones chihuahua. We have some resident Perigrines here in Pittsburgh that keeps the Pigeon poluation under control...an occasional squirrel fits into there diet aswell...but I wonder if they would go after a pocketbook dog if it was running about. I kind of think it would.
Never seen a Perigrine out walking that wasn't on a leash. :)

Yata hey

Prophet

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Prophet wrote:
Never seen a Perigrine out walking that wasn't on a leash. :)

Yata hey
hehehe...yeah...i guess taking him out for "walks" is a strange way to put it. They are really amazing creatures though. Walking around the university of Pittsburgh's campus one sometimes is gifted with a performance by one of the Falcons that live in the cathedral of higher learning (the tallest educational building in the world 42 floors). And by performance I mean decending upon prey at speeds of up to 250miles per hour, taking them to the ground and then eating them in front of you. I swear, its like the bird is proud and is showing off while it eats. It looks at you (you can usually get within 20 ft.) and gives a look that says, "I'm pretty badass huh?"

KBCraig

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
Did someone say Parrot gun?

Parrot-Gun.jpg

That is almost enough gun for my wife's African Grey.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

roscoe13 wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
roscoe13 wrote:
How many 5 gallon buckets of birdshot does that thing take anyway?
It's called GRAPESHOT !:celebrate

Yata hey
Isn't grapeshot quite a bit larger, and wouldn't it, therefore, be serious overkill on a parrot:celebrate:celebrate
Depends on the size of the Parrot. Always use enough gun!

Sheriff

imported post

NinjaRider wrote:
Hell, I was even on the downtown mall on a Friday evening open carrying and walked right by a C'Ville PD Sergeant and he didn't even react.Andrew.
The Charlottesville Police Department has been educated on the open carry laws.

MeBaby

imported post

Sheriff wrote:
NinjaRider wrote:
Hell, I was even on the downtown mall on a Friday evening open carrying and walked right by a C'Ville PD Sergeant and he didn't even react.Andrew.
The Charlottesville Police Department has been educated on the open carry laws.

Sheriff,

Was that through verbal training or expensive OJT like NPD got and may get again? :lol: