• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Urgent Action Item: Congress needs to hear you on DC gun ban repeal bill!

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Done.

Sent e-mail, and printed the letter for backup.. . but our reps won't listen to us, they don't believe in average people protecting themselves.

Freeflight

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Theseus wrote:
Done.

Sent e-mail, and printed the letter for backup.. . but our reps won't listen to us, they don't believe in average people protecting themselves.
+1 and They think they are Smarter than us and know what is best for us common folk.:cuss:

possumboy

imported post

This has gotten DC's attention:

"I implore the Congress to give this body, this mayor and this city an opportunity to find a solution," said D.C. Council Chairman Vincent C. Gray (D), moments before the council voted without debate to end storage requirements for firearms and permit ownership of semiautomatic handguns.
"There's every reason to believe we're moving in the direction of a responsible solution," Gray declared.
Council member Carol Schwartz (R-At Large) said, "Let our elected officials make these decisions for the people we are elected to represent." Council member Mary M. Cheh (D-Ward 3) decried what she called "congressional trampling of our local prerogatives."
The measure passed by the council as emergency legislation was signed by Mayor Adrian M. Fenty (D) and takes effect immediately.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dy....html?hpid=topnews&sid=ST2008091700195&s_pos=

SlackwareRobert

imported post

Wow a bill that allows even children to walk around with AK-47's.....
Norton wouldn't lie to us would she? I've already made plans to move:cool:

I watched the 'debate' last night, and would like to get the fairness doctrine
enacted on congress. Not one memeber fron the childers side even mentioned
that the SCOTUS told DC to register Hellers gun, something they still will not do
and threaten to arrest him if he brings it in.

How is buying a gun in VA, and bringing to DC interstate transport?
DC is not a state, so no interstate occures.

Can't wait to watch Obamma try and duck this vote next.:cuss:

Isn't it funny that last year the same Norton crowd had no trouble
passing the civil rights bill that put federal law over local state laws in the south,
are now hollering that it is uncontionable to do it to DC where there is constitutional
authority to do so.
The only way to make this amentment bill better, would be to codify that
leo and polititions are held to the same standards of ownership as the sheep.

I even called my reps...... Clicking wasn't enough for this one.

Chickenwang

imported post

SlackwareRobert wrote:
Wow a bill that allows even children to walk around with AK-47's.....
Norton wouldn't lie to us would she? I've already made plans to move:cool:

I watched the 'debate' last night, and would like to get the fairness doctrine
enacted on congress. Not one memeber fron the childers side even mentioned
that the SCOTUS told DC to register Hellers gun, something they still will not do
and threaten to arrest him if he brings it in.

How is buying a gun in VA, and bringing to DC interstate transport?
DC is not a state, so no interstate occures.

Can't wait to watch Obamma try and duck this vote next.:cuss:

Isn't it funny that last year the same Norton crowd had no trouble
passing the civil rights bill that put federal law over local state laws in the south,
are now hollering that it is uncontionable to do it to DC where there is constitutional
authority to do so.
The only way to make this amentment bill better, would be to codify that
leo and polititions are held to the same standards of ownership as the sheep.

I even called my reps...... Clicking wasn't enough for this one.
I watched quite a bit of the debate myself. I say the gentelman from Arkansas did ok as far as I could see but yea this one to pull their ear on.