• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fixed Blade Knife Laws

carhark

Opt-Out Members
Kitsap & Whatcom Counties, Washington, USA
imported post

Now I know knife laws are subject to local ordinace, but does anyone know the fixed blade carry laws regarding Seattle, Bellingham in Whatcom County and the Silverdale/Bremerton/Poulsbo area of Kitsap County?

The link here (posted a few months ago by justacar) http://www.mrsc.org/codes.aspx, doesn't show anything as far as bellingham goes for knives. In fact, when i searched "knife" on the site, the only law that popped up was one outlawing the defacement and destruction of trees.... oh bellingham.

Can anyone supply any info on any of the cities or counties?

BlaineG

imported post

I suspect my 4" Cold Steel folder is not legal, either......Oh, well....:cuss:One would think that if you could carry a firearm, you could carry a knife....:p

joeroket

imported post

BlaineG wrote:
I suspect my 4" Cold Steel folder is not legal, either......Oh, well....:cuss:One would think that if you could carry a firearm, you could carry a knife....:p
That is why they changed it from a CWP to a CPL.

carhas0

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
3.75" IIRC is the max legal for a folder in Seattle.

It's 3.5 inches, according to SMC 12A.14.010. And of course, no fixed-blade knives of any length.

I had a folder that was 3 5/8 inches, 1/8 of an inch too long. Good excuse to get another knife, I guess.

grishnav

imported post

Wait a minute... Am I violating a law with my freaking kitchen knives.

B. "Fixed-blade knife" means any knife, regardless of blade length,
with a blade which is permanently open and does not fold, retract or
slide into the handle of the knife, and includes any dagger, sword,
bayonet, bolo
knife, hatchet, axe, straight-edged razor, or razor
blade not in a package, dispenser or shaving appliance.

Seattle, you are so f-ing stupid it's painful. :banghead::banghead: