• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What is considered "Partially Covered" in Montana?

JBinMontana

imported post

40s&wfan wrote:
Why don't we have a Red Lobster here?

Here ya go

newfoundland_F76T0250.jpg

MT GUNNY

imported post

Quote From MountainGator:
but to MT Gunny. I am opposed to a change in MCA that would allow ANYONE... Gangbangers, Wife-beaters, even Well-intentioned Citizens who have never-Ever-EVER fired any hand gun, to carry concealed in places like the Home Depot, Wally World, a theater, every Mall inthe state, etc. ... Especially when I - a holder of a MT CWP - have to put my gun into my wife's purse when we go into Red Lobster for lunch.

jmho

Thats a good thing that your opposed to Gang bangers, Wife beaters and Such to carry Openly or Concealed. So am I! There is a Law here in MT

45-8-313. Unlawful possession of firearm by convicted person. (1) A person commits the offense of unlawful possession of a firearm by a convicted person if the person purposely or knowingly purchases or possesses a firearm after the person has been convicted of:
(a) a felony for which the person received an additional sentence under 46-18-221; or
(b) an offense under the law of another state or of the United States that is equivalent to an offense that when committed in Montana is subject to an additional sentence under 46-18-221.
(2) A person convicted of unlawful possession of a firearm by a convicted person shall be imprisoned in a state prison for not less than 2 years or more than 10 years.
(3) A person who has been issued a permit under 45-8-314 may not be convicted of a violation of this section.

I could Post more of MCA that would back this up but there is a limit to the amont of posted Words.

This law is not in Question Here, We are Talking about CCW laws. Lets say for instance this law passes, HB228, A person NOT allowed by law to own a Firearm CANNOT Carry Openly or Concealed. If you can Legally own you may then CC or OCthroughout MT.

So HB 228 is not a Change in MCA that would allow Gang bangers or Wife beaters to CC or OC........... I shure Hope you are not Writing our Legislatures saying you Oppose any change toCC laws that are on the Books Cuz you don't understand the Text of HB228?

JBinMontana

imported post

40s&wfan wrote:
Ok, thanks for reminding me about just how gross sea food looks!!

Ah but its so good for you... I hate the cold, so I could really live where the weather is warmer .... much warmer and the fishing is good all the time.

Can you say, Hawaii

MountainGator

imported post

40s&wfan wrote:
MountainGator wrote:
but to MT Gunny. I am opposed to a change in MCA that would allow ANYONE... Gangbangers, Wife-beaters, even Well-intentioned Citizens who have never-Ever-EVER fired any hand gun, to carry concealed in places like the Home Depot, Wally World, a theater, every Mall inthe state, etc. ... Especially when I - a holder of a MT CWP - have to put my gun into my wife's purse when we go into Red Lobster for lunch.

jmho

Then open carry in Red Lobster! As several of us have already stated, it is legal to OC in these places but you must follow their policy. If they ask you to remove it or to leave, take your business elsewhere!

Because I have the "tacit permission of the State" (that states that I am a 'highly regarded citizen) that grants me 'Special Consideration'!, and that Special Consideration (SHOULD) allow(s) me NOT to have to suffer the "Whims" of some Local Yocal.

As for your second question, my good man, I really have no idea. We only get to your part of OUR great state every couple years or so, and when we are there, we DO NOT do those kind of restaurants! :shock:

MountainGator

imported post

MT GUNNY wrote:
Quote From MountainGator:

jmho

Thats a good thing that your opposed to Gang bangers, Wife beaters and Such to carry Openly or Concealed. So am I! There is a Law here in MT

45-8-313. Unlawful possession of firearm by convicted person. (1) A person commits the offense of unlawful possession of a firearm by a convicted person if the person purposely or knowingly purchases or possesses a firearm after the person has been convicted of:
(a) a felony for which the person received an additional sentence under 46-18-221; or
(b) an offense under the law of another state or of the United States that is equivalent to an offense that when committed in Montana is subject to an additional sentence under 46-18-221.
(2) A person convicted of unlawful possession of a firearm by a convicted person shall be imprisoned in a state prison for not less than 2 years or more than 10 years.
(3) A person who has been issued a permit under 45-8-314 may not be convicted of a violation of this section.

I could Post more of MCA that would back this up but there is a limit to the amont of posted Words.

This law is not in Question Here, We are Talking about CCW laws. Lets say for instance this law passes, HB228, A person NOT allowed by law to own a Firearm CANNOT Carry Openly or Concealed. If you can Legally own you may then CC or OCthroughout MT.

So HB 228 is not a Change in MCA that would allow Gang bangers or Wife beaters to CC or OC........... I shure Hope you are not Writing our Legislatures saying you Oppose any change toCC laws that are on the Books Cuz you don't understand the Text of HB228?

yes SARGENT, I DO understand the text of the bill, and Local Yocal, who has never shot a firearm in their life would havetheRIGHTto carry dang-near anywhere.And IF you don't understand the "PROCESS", while a gangbanger may not be "convicted", they can be "denied".The same goes for others (such as "wife beaters") If you don't NOT UNDERSTAND the reason (AND SHERIFF'S OUT) for providing three personal references, thenI guess you don't understand the Montanacwp PROCESS.

YES I have written EVERY legislatore in the State encouraging them to oppose the bill in the real interestof public safety, and conversely, to favor a bill that would allow licensed citizens to carry in places such as Red Lobster.

40s-and-wfan

imported post

MountainGator wrote:
yes SARGENT, I DO understand the text of the bill, and Local Yocal, who has never shot a firearm in their life would havetheRIGHTto carry dang-near anywhere.And IF you don't understand the "PROCESS", while a gangbanger may not be "convicted", they can be "denied".The same goes for others (such as "wife beaters") If you don't NOT UNDERSTAND the reason (AND SHERIFF'S OUT) for providing three personal references, thenI guess you don't understand the Montanacwp PROCESS.

YES I have written EVERY legislatore in the State encouraging them to oppose the bill in the real interestof public safety, and conversely, to favor a bill that would allow licensed citizens to carry in places such as Red Lobster.

Well, we can obviously tell who does and doesn't support the Second Amendment of this fine country! You can't seriously believe that even if we do get HB 228 to fail and it falls flat on its face, these gang-bangers and wife-beaters would actually pay attention to the laws! I gotta say I can't count the amount of times I've heard a crook say (in my days on the police department): I wouldn't be caught dead with a gun, I'm a convicted felon! Yeah, they sure pay attention to the laws!

Crooks aren't gonna give a damn whether it's legal to carry or not, they'll still do it regardless as to what you may ask our House or Senate to do! I honestly hope like hell that HB 228 passes. Any infringement on our right to carry is unconstitutional and should not be allowed to keep law abiding citizens from exercising a right that allows them to protect themselves and their family!

I suppose as well that you're opposed to the bill that Montana is trying to pass within the state shooting down federal regulationson HB 246?! Keep your paws and your laws off my guns!!

I'm sure Red Lobster is among the Highest of priorities our state legislature has on their desk in front of them!! Geez! Why don't you just OC in Red Lobster and get over it!! The rest of us seem to know it's legal, take the advice of some educated people!

MT GUNNY

imported post

MountainGator Quote; "and Local Yocal, who has never shot a firearm in their life would havetheRIGHTto carry dang-near anywhere"

Apparently Fellas We have a Person who Doesn't Understand the Following;

"A well Regulated Militia, being Necessary to the Security of a Free State, The Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms, Shall Not Be Infringed" There is also the MT Constitution; Montana: "The right of any person to keep or bear arms in defense of his own home, person, and property, or in aid of the civil power when thereto legally summoned, shall not be called in question, but nothing herein contained shall be held to permit the carrying of concealed weapons." Mont. Const. art. II, 12.

Montanans Already have the Right to Carry Openly Dang near anywhere! Can I ask you a Question? Why are you on this Forum? You argued with JBin, and 40s&amp, on this thread; http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum34/15830.htmlIt was obvious that you Didn't understand the conversation!

I happen to have a CCP so I do know the Process. You know if you think there is going to be a big Problem with Bad people CCing in town, then why don't we have a Problem Now with People CCing Outside City limits without a permit???????????? You got a rationalAnswerfor that?

There is a Web site Id like to refur you to, You should Like it! http://www.bradycampaign.org/

Buy the way How did you Know I was a Sergent in the Army?

LeMat

imported post

40s&wfan wrote:

Tell ya what, you'll get your Red Lobster when I get my Olive Garden. :lol:

And MT GUNNY, I think he thought you were a Sergeant in the USMC.

JBinMontana

imported post

Personally I would rather have Mahi Mahi or Ahi :celebratealong with pasta from the Olive Garden. LeMat I'm gonna put some fish smelling stuff in your county truck :what:

JBinMontana

imported post

40s&wfan wrote:
I'd try shark once if someone ever cooked it, but I'd have to make sure and certain it was shark first!! I've always wanted to try it!!

The Olive Garden has shark on the menu. The nice thing about Shark is that it don't taste any differant than Halibit.