• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Update on man arrested at DNC

Tucker6900

imported post

http://www.9news.com/news/local/arti...9744&catid=346

DENVER (AP) - Prosecutors say no charges will be filed against a man who was arrested after causing a weapons scare during the Democratic convention. Joseph Calanchini of Pinedale, Wyo., was arrested on suspicion of unlawfully carrying a weapon on Aug. 23. Police say he had two hunting rifles and two pistols in a case when he tried checking in to the Denver hotel where House Speaker Nancy Pelosi was staying. Pelosi was evacuated.

Denver DA's spokeswoman Robin Finegan said Monday police never presented the case to prosecutors. Police did not immediately have additional information.
Calanchini has said he didn't know about the convention or that Pelosi was at the hotel. He said he's relieved the case is closed but police haven't returned his guns or the personal belongings they confiscated from his pickup.

"It has not been a good experience," Calanchini told The Associated Press in a telephone interview. "I know it was poor timing on my part, but I think it was just an overreaction" by police. Calanchini, a salesman in the oil field industry, said he's lost some work because of the case. He said he brought the guns to Denver to have them worked on in preparation for a safari to South Africa. His arrest didn't ruin his plans. He said he was able to get permission from authorities to make the trip, where he rented a rifle and managed to kill a warthog, an impala, a kudu and a wildebeest.

tarzan1888

imported post

Tucker6900 wrote:
http://www.9news.com/news/local/arti...9744&catid=346

DENVER (AP) - Prosecutors say no charges will be filed against a man who was arrested after causing a weapons scare during the Democratic convention. Joseph Calanchini of Pinedale, Wyo., was arrested on suspicion of unlawfully carrying a weapon on Aug. 23. Police say he had two hunting rifles and two pistols in a case when he tried checking in to the Denver hotel where House Speaker Nancy Pelosi was staying. Pelosi was evacuated.

Denver DA's spokeswoman Robin Finegan said Monday police never presented the case to prosecutors. Police did not immediately have additional information.
Calanchini has said he didn't know about the convention or that Pelosi was at the hotel. He said he's relieved the case is closed but police haven't returned his guns or the personal belongings they confiscated from his pickup.

"It has not been a good experience," Calanchini told The Associated Press in a telephone interview. "I know it was poor timing on my part, but I think it was just an overreaction" by police. Calanchini, a salesman in the oil field industry, said he's lost some work because of the case. He said he brought the guns to Denver to have them worked on in preparation for a safari to South Africa. His arrest didn't ruin his plans. He said he was able to get permission from authorities to make the trip, where he rented a rifle and managed to kill a warthog, an impala, a kudu and a wildebeest.

I hope he has a good lawyer.

I hope he ends up owning Denver.

Tarzan

SlackwareRobert

imported post

Does the recent lieing by Pelosi help him in a civil suite? Would be funny to
get her under oath, in deposition only and asked about the law breaking by
the CIA that she is against, yet law breaking by her goons is OK?

I though BHO just finnished laughing about danger in the US, yet this goes on?
For a pro hunting candidate he sure does seem to not live up to his word.
Here is a man trying to go hunting and he isn't allowed to use his guns.

Alas i fear denver is broke, so no pockets to go after.