• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NFL Quarterback Vince Young

richarcm

imported post

I was watching Sportscenter on ESPN on Saturday morning and they were reporting on Vince Young and how there is reason to believe that he is depressed and suicidal.

They bulletted on the screen like three reasons to assume he might be suicidal. What kinda blew me away was that one of them was the fact that an unloaded handgun had been found in his car.

Does this seem like a reach or even possibly a slap in the face?

I was kinda shocked that somehow that meant that he was suicidal. What if he had box cutters...would they say he was a terrorist?

Skeptic

Founder's Club Member
imported post

richarcm wrote:
I was watching Sportscenter on ESPN on Saturday morning and they were reporting on Vince Young and how there is reason to believe that he is depressed and suicidal.

They bulletted on the screen like three reasons to assume he might be suicidal. What kinda blew me away was that one of them was the fact that an unloaded handgun had been found in his car.

Does this seem like a reach or even possibly a slap in the face?

I was kinda shocked that somehow that meant that he was suicidal. What if he had box cutters...would they say her was a terrorist?
Lest we forget, Olbermann used to work for ESPN.

The MSM anti-gun or gun-ignorant attitude is alive and well even in the sports side of the news biz.

WCrawford

imported post

As a Nashvillian, I can say that Vince Young is not suicidal. He just got down after being booed and injured during the week one game against the Jaguars.

His mother, who lives with him, over reacted when she could not reach him (he left his cell phone at home).

He should probably get his mother her own house/apartment so that he can be freed from the apron strings (assuming that she is in good health).

falcon1

imported post

WCrawford wrote:
As a Nashvillian, I can say that Vince Young is not suicidal. He just got down after being booed and injured during the week one game against the Jaguars.
I agree. He is a young man who came into a situation where he "saved" the Titans' season two years ago straight out of UT-Austin, then he hasn't really been able to "live up to the hype" last year or (so far) this one. In the normal progression of things, he would have been drafted, served as a "starter-in-training," then come into his own. That will probably still eventually happen.

As a Tennessean, I personally would have preferred that Jay Cutler from Vanderbilt had been drafted by the Titans, but Bud Adams went with his hometown choice instead, Vince Young; and until I own the Titans, he has the right to do what he wants. :D I suspect that, ultimately, Vince will be okay as he matures.

Suicidal? I doubt it very seriously. But, in the end, none of us know....