• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Can we get a wyoming OC pamphelet?

mdguy90

imported post

Whenever I OC, I get a lot of questions, and a lot of the time, I'm in too much of a hurry to talk much about it besides saying "yes it's legal."

me being in a major tourist area also gives me a chance to help educate the out of state people.

just wondering how'd I could go about getting them...

MamaLiberty

imported post

mdguy90 wrote:
Whenever I OC, I get a lot of questions, and a lot of the time, I'm in too much of a hurry to talk much about it besides saying "yes it's legal."

me being in a major tourist area also gives me a chance to help educate the out of state people.

just wondering how'd I could go about getting them...
There is no official pamphlet for Wyoming, but this is a card I wrote and print out to hand to anyone who asks about my gun. You are welcome to copy it, adapt it or pass it on.

http://www.thepriceofliberty.org/Guncard.htm

Just don't let anyone tell you there is a "law" against open carry in Wyoming! Private business owners (manager) can ask you to leave, and of course you can't carry on Federal property, but it is perfectly legal everywhere else. Many cops do not know the law, or think the concealed carry laws apply to OC, but they do not.

Be polite, but firm.

I've never run into a business in Wyoming that asked me to leave or posted a sign against armed customers, but I have another card for them if it ever happens. It says I'll be glad to take my business elsewhere since I won't patronize anyone who wishes to make me a disarmed victim. It also assures them that I will tell everyone I know about their criminal friendly zone... I've handed out a few in South Dakota.

Put your name and address on it if you want to hear the whining and groveling apologies... I don't choose to do that.

MamaLiberty

imported post

why don't you research the laws of wyoming and write the pamphlet so others can review it.

Several reasons.

I can't be liable for the interpretation of anything I might write. Far better each one looks for themselves and understands the state and federal laws.

There is NO "law" in Wyoming for OPEN CARRY - not a single word.

I already did do the research, actually. The card about says it all for me. But you might have different needs or ideas. Only you can know what they are.

mdguy90

imported post

I guess we could just print the "wyoming" part of the map off of OCDO? would this be ok as far as copyrights go?

Also I wanted to list the reasons why, not just for preservation of one's life, but how its a right that if forgotten, we can lose, etc etc

I just don't have the time to design a pamphlet :lol:

MamaLiberty

imported post

mdguy90 wrote:
I guess we could just print the "wyoming" part of the map off of OCDO? would this be ok as far as copyrights go?

Also I wanted to list the reasons why, not just for preservation of one's life, but how its a right that if forgotten, we can lose, etc etc

I just don't have the time to design a pamphlet :lol:
Well, if you don't have time to do any research and no time to figure out the best way for YOU to share this information with others... then I don't know why you would bother at all. Just being straight with you...

Why not invest a little time to know the law yourself - shouldn't take but a few minutes to learn the difference between NO open carry laws and the few concealed carry laws which are often confused by cops and others. The Fed stuff is pretty obvious.

Then spend just a little time thinking about all the reasons YOU carry, and why it is important to YOU. Write it down in a few sentences. You can have cards printed free or low cost on several websites these days. You are free to use my card, of course, and add to it what you want.

I've been dealing with the public for 50 years. Most people respond best to someone who cares about what they believe and shows it. Few people bother to read literature handed out. When was the last time you actually read - and acted on - an ad left stuck under your windshield wiper, for example?

Me neither.

If you KNOW what you are talking about, and show that you CARE about it, you can convey it much more effectively in a very few moments, possibly many times a day.

Is it worth your time and effort? You are the only one who can answer that. It is for me. I have become an ambassador for individual sovereignty, including the basic human right of self defense.

vonu

imported post

MamaLiberty wrote:
why don't you research the laws of wyoming and write the pamphlet so others can review it.

Several reasons.

I can't be liable for the interpretation of anything I might write.  Far better each one looks for themselves and understands the state and federal laws.

I already did do the research, actually. The card about says it all for me. But you might have different needs or ideas. Only you can know what they are.

The Wyoming Constitution says:

"Right to bear arms.

The right of citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and of the state shall not be denied."

JTWY

imported post

MamaLiberty wrote:

I've never run into a business in Wyoming that asked me to leave or posted a sign against armed customers

I have run into a business in Sheridan, WY that will not allow you to carry a gun into their store. They have a sign right on the front door as you walk in.

Here's the name of the business and their address and phone number in case you'd like to check it out for yourself. I went their to buy some parts once. I seen the sign and I will no longer shop there or any other Car Quest.

Car Quest Auto Parts / Valley Welding Supplys

229 E. Brundage st.

Sheridan, WY 82801

307-672-7431

vonu

imported post

JTWY wrote:
MamaLiberty wrote:

I've never run into a business in Wyoming that asked me to leave or posted a sign against armed customers

I have run into a business in Sheridan, WY that will not allow you to carry a gun into their store. They have a sign right on the front door as you walk in.

Here's the name of the business and their address and phone number in case you'd like to check it out for yourself. I went their to buy some parts once. I seen the sign and I will no longer shop there or any other Car Quest.

229 E. Brundage st.

Sheridan, WY  82801

307-672-7431

As the advertising says, each location is individually owned.
That Car Quest is obviously a shared location, owned by a independent owner, and no one should take out their angst against that particular Car Quest location on any other not dissing our rights.
IMHO, the appropriate thing to do is to stand outside the front door and ask to speak to the owner. When s/he comes, explain to him/her that you will not patronize a business that does not respect your right to self defense, and leave. If you are not carrying, deliver the message at the counter loud enough for everyone to hear, then leave.

JTWY

imported post

vonu wrote:
JTWY wrote:
MamaLiberty wrote:

229 E. Brundage st.

Sheridan, WY 82801

307-672-7431

That Car Quest is obviously a shared location, owned by a independent owner, and no one should take out their angst against that particular Car Quest location on any other not dissing our rights.
IMHO, the appropriate thing to do is to stand outside the front door and ask to speak to the owner. When s/he comes, explain to him/her that you will not patronize a business that does not respect your right to self defense, and leave. If you are not carrying, deliver the message at the counter loud enough for everyone to hear, then leave.

There is never a day when I'm not carrying. The owner of this Car Quest doesn't care that people don't like his rule about carrying, so I just don't shop there.

JT

vonu

imported post

JTWY wrote:
vonu wrote:
JTWY wrote:
MamaLiberty wrote:

229 E. Brundage st.

Sheridan, WY  82801

307-672-7431

There is never a day when I'm not carrying. The owner of this Car Quest doesn't care that people don't like his rule about carrying, so I just don't shop there.

JT

We can hope that he has been losing customers as the gun shops have been gaining them. I would imagine that his welding business is falling off with the approach of the anti-coal presidency.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

MamaLiberty wrote:
Several reasons.
I can't be liable for the interpretation of anything I might write. Far better each one looks for themselves and understands the state and federal laws.
Folks, take a look at the Washington Gun Rights Pamphlet and see how it can be used to fit your needs.