• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Raleigh/Durham OC Get Together?

Paratrooper82

imported post

Hello All!

I am rather new here, but have been OC'ing in the Fayetteville area for the last two months or so. I've only been asked to leave K'Mart, but that was no surprise.

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in an OC get together somewhere in the Fayetteville or Raleigh/Durham area?

Weekends are the only time really a go for me. Perhaps the Saturday of the 27th? Any suggestions? I would love to get together with some other OC'ers and enjoy some good food.

Take care!

-John V.

acritical

imported post

We have been talking about organizing something like that for awhile now, but for some reason it never takes off. I believe a few of us would be interested in a get together in Raleigh/Durham, but no one has the time to put forth the effort of organizing.

If you organize it, they will come. :) However, the 27th is bad for me, due to prior commitments.

Paratrooper82

imported post

Yeah, it was K-Mart in Fayetteville. The security guy (retired First Sergeant) was very polite and respectful. When I asked to see the corporate policy for it he showed me the employee manual. No where in there did it say that CUSTOMERS can't carry, but he said that he had been told to ask people to take it off, or leave the store. I was asked to leave, so I did. Not surprising, but oh well. Thats been the only instance.

Raleighpi

imported post

My wife and I carry openly from time to time and would love to get together with a group who's not afraid to exercise their rights.

Greg

JohnHoliday

imported post

I think it would be fun. I have never OC yet, but I plan on trying to do it soon, I'm just trying to read up on all the laws first.

xdfan

imported post

Let me toss my hat in the ring too. It'd be great to meet some of you other local OCDO characters, schedule permitting. :)

Raleigh and Greensboro are the same ~1 hr. drive for me. Anything in between, even better.

ItsMyRight2Carry

imported post

Which one, and when would everyone like to meet? A central Raleigh location would be nice. That way people aren't having to drive all the way across Raleigh. Unfortunately I will be out of town this weekend...And Thursday is out for me. Maybe we should try to organize it next week sometime, that way everyone will have time to check their schedules...