• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dad chases nude boy from daughter's room with pipe

possumboy

imported post

He found a naked person in his daughter's room. I think my first thoughts might be someone has broken in and is trying to rape my daughter.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/09/12/AR2008091201433.html

DELTONA, Fla. -- An angry Deltona father whacked his teenage daughter's boyfriend with a metal pipe after finding the boy naked in his daughter's room. Authorities say the father, 45, didn't even know his daughter had a boyfriend or that the youngster had been sneaking into the home for more than a year.
When he heard noises coming from his daughter's bedroom Thursday morning and saw a stranger standing naked on the girl's bed, he swung a metal pipe. He then chased the teen out the front door and called police.
The boy was taken to the hospital where doctors closed a head wound with staples.
The father was charged with aggravated battery on a child and bonded out on $10,000.

PT111

imported post

DELTONA - Prosecutors won't pursue charges against a Deltona father who allegedly struck a naked intruder in his daughter's bedroom, not knowing it was his daughter's boyfriend.

The State Attorney's Office decided not to charge Raul Colon, 45, for hitting the 15-year-old intruder with a pipe.

Colon told investigators that on Sept. 11, around 4:15 a.m., he heard strange noises in his home and found the naked man in his daughter's bedroom. Colon didn't know who the man was, chased him, and struck him, before the teenager fled.

Afterwards, it was discovered that the intruder was his daughter's boyfriend and she had let him into the house, without her father's knowledge. The teenagers had been dating for about 18 months, but she never told her father about the relationship, according to a report.

State Attorney John Tanner said the case is being dropped because a father has a right to defend his home against a stranger and has the right to use reasonable force against such an intruder.
No charges filed against man accused of striking, chasing daughter's boyfriend from home -- OrlandoSentinel.com

GaOwlPoop

imported post

I think it is a very sorry state of affairs when it would even be considered that charges should be brought against the father. The kid is d%# lucky he didn't get shot. I would have gone to investigate with a pipe also, but mine would have been 12 gauge.

no carry permit ?

imported post

I have little different take on this dueto an experience I had when I was 15. My girlfriend's parents were SUPPOSED to be at the church picnic until 3pm. They came home at 12 noon and.....................

Tomahawk

imported post

no carry permit ? wrote:
I have little different take on this dueto an experience I had when I was 15. My girlfriend's parents were SUPPOSED to be at the church picnic until 3pm. They came home at 12 noon and.....................
.....and the rest of the story was forgotten due to a pipe upside your mellon?

soloban

imported post

possumboy wrote:
[SNIP]
The father was charged with aggravated battery on a child and bonded out on $10,000.
:what:WTF??? Guy takes a swing at a naked kid on his daughter's bed in his house at he gets charged???

PT111

imported post

Does this mean if I come home and find a man in the bed with my wife I can beat the #### out of him legally? I agree that the father should not be charged but I can some people taking this idea a little farther, maybe too far.

possumboy

imported post

PT111 wrote:
Does this mean if I come home and find a man in the bed with my wife I can beat the #### out of him legally? I agree that the father should not be charged but I can some people taking this idea a little farther, maybe too far.

I guess it depends on how much you trust your wife.

Is she willing, or was this a home invasion and rape?

There is a big difference between coming home and find someone in your house in the middle of the night.

opspecial

imported post

depending on the state, and the age of consent - but under age sex can be construed as battery and steps taken can be severe. nuff said here.