• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shoulder holster

tarzan1888

imported post

James wrote:
One place you can look is at http://www.opticsplanet.com

I would NOT recommend optics planet.

Last year at this time I was in the market for a shoulder holster for my Taurus 617 revolver.

I selected a holster and found the best price for that holster listed at optics planet.

I ordered the holster and I waited and waited............................................................................................

I called them several times and they kept saying that it was back ordered.

I checked with Bianchi to see what the hold up was and I found out that optics planet was not even a Bianchi dealer and that there was no problem getting the holster.

I got a recommendation from Bianchi for an on-line dealer and I contacted them and got my holster.

I paid a few bucks more for the holster than was advertised by optics planet, but I got my holster.

This is where I got my holster... http://www.copquest.com/

Good Luck

Tarzan

James

imported post

It was the exact opositefor me. When I placed my order I asked if the holster was in stock and she said yes. It went out that day and I had it two days after that.

tarzan1888

imported post

James wrote:
It was the exact opositefor me. When I placed my order I asked if the holster was in stock and she said yes. It went out that day and I had it two days after that.

Glad it worked well for you. My experience was a year ago and things may have changed.

In all fairness the holster I ordered was the X16L Agent X Shoulder system. It is lined and from what I can tell from the Bianchi Web site, they no longer make the lined holster, I did have to pay more for it, and it was not as readily available was the un-lined holster.

Tarzan

James

imported post

tarzan1888 wrote:
James wrote:

Glad it worked well for you. My experience was a year ago and things may have changed.

In all fairness the holster I ordered was the X16L Agent X Shoulder system. It is lined and from what I can tell from the Bianchi Web site, they no longer make the lined holster, I did have to pay more for it, and it was not as readily available was the un-lined holster.

Tarzan
I would rather have the lined holster. Then you dont have to worry about scratches and the like. When you pay that much for a weapon, you sure dont want to damage it with inferior add-ons.

tarzan1888

imported post

James wrote:
tarzan1888 wrote:
James wrote:
It was the exact oposite for me. When I placed my order I asked if the holster was in stock and she said yes. It went out that day and I had it two days after that.

Glad it worked well for you.   My experience was a year ago and things may have changed.

In all fairness the holster I ordered was the X16L Agent X Shoulder system.   It is lined and from what I can tell from the Bianchi Web site, they no longer make the lined holster,  I did have to pay more for it, and it was not as readily available was the un-lined holster.

Tarzan
I would rather have the lined holster. Then you dont have to worry about scratches and the like. When you pay that much for a weapon, you sure dont want to damage it with inferior add-ons.

I agree. That is why I payed more and got mine.

You could always check with Bianchi and see if they still will make them.

Tarzan