• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Washington Post Firearms law map

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Unless I miss my guess, the information concerning Virginia in this map is not correct. One would be led to believe that a permit is required to simply carry a firearm, but as we all know you only need a permit if you want to conceal the firearm from common observation. I wonder if VCDL could get them to correct it?:banghead:

Regards

hsmith

imported post

haha, i love DC's CCW

"Police chief can issue permits"

and MD's
"Some rights"

No, only if you are politically connected and "special" can you get one of these "permits"

Nice try, but fail WP

Armed

imported post

Man - I wish this map were true! I could live in any state other than VA, MD, DC, CT, NY, OH, IL, or CA - and be FREEE!!! :celebrate

sccrref

imported post

zoom6zoom wrote:
Plus both Vermont and Alaska are "Permit to carry handguns: NO", which is quite misleading to the uninformed.
Why do you expect more from a newspaper? They are doing their level best to promote misinformation to the public. I think that this needs to be moved into the fiction or mystery section of the library.

RU98A

Campaign Veteran
imported post

The Washington Post is a poor source for information as usually. The state that in Missouri there is a permit required to purchase a handgun. That is FALSE. That law was repealed last year. Also they state that in Missouri you must have a firearms identification card. False we have never had to have such a card. They state that the wait for a permit to purchase a handgun can be as long as 7 days. False. No permit required. What a bunch of idiots, if they are going to publish information at least they could get it right with a little research but that might take a little effort and knowledge of to do research.