• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CZ vs. Sig Sauer and Glock

357luvr

imported post

Ok in no way am I putting Sig down and I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm starting to think in this particular instance the CZ is as well suited for the job as a Sig is.:what:

Just so you know a little more about my personal tastes my top 3 handgun makers are 1) H&K 2) Sig Sauer 3) Glock

357luvr

imported post

Just out of curiousity, I did a little research and discovered the H&K USP Tactical comes in 9mm (I thought it only came in .40 and 45) and can be gotten for around $875 on gunbroker http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=110589079which is just a little more than the Sig that I was looking at such as this. http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=110671521

I know I'm going from one extreme to another but wouldn't a H&K USP Tactical in 9mm at the very least be more accurate than a CZ or possibly even Sig?

Dustin

imported post

357luvr wrote:
Just out of curiousity, I did a little research and discovered the H&K USP Tactical comes in 9mm (I thought it only came in .40 and 45) and can be gotten for around $875 on gunbroker http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=110589079which is just a little more than the Sig that I was looking at such as this. http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=110671521

I know I'm going from one extreme to another but wouldn't a H&K USP Tactical in 9mm at the very least be more accurate than a CZ or possibly even Sig?

You can't lean too much on accuracy, b/c most of that will come from you, not the Gun.

And the SIG was a 226.

I pulled the slide back, pressed, pressed, pressed, bang.

It just seem to bea very long travel.

NOTHING compared to a most 1911's. Not even close. It actually baffles me that you even compared it to a 1911. :uhoh:

357luvr

imported post

I think what everyone was/is wondering is if you picked up a 226 DAK or if it was a regular 226 or what. They offer 11 current models of the 226 so you need to be a little more specific.

And as far as accuracy goes, I was basically wondering about what the gun is capable of.

357luvr

imported post

Dustin wrote:
Ugly ?

Have you seen the SP-01 Phantom ?

Okay I know the Phantom and Tactical are pretty much the same but I saw this picture that just made a certain part of me drool. Here it is.
get_img.jpg

hogleg

imported post

I really like my CZ's they have both become my favorite carry guns. My CZ PCR or 75 BD compact is my main carry gun right now. I also have the CZ 40 p as a gun that stays in my truck all the time. ( I really like the feel of this one.) The BD is a great shooter and a compact package. I have shot the CZ spo1 and really like that gun as well. Kind of big for whatI like but am deffinately thinking of getting one of thoseto round out the collection. They make some slim alum grips for this that are sweet. They also make a nice drop in replacement trigger for that SP01 that makes a huge difference. The oneI shot had the lighter trigger. I also am more of a fan of the decocker versions of the cz's than the safety. Just my pref.

G

imported post

Never have shot or even handled a CZ before. I have read positive reports about the pistol and owners seem happy with them. There is no comparison between Glock & Sig, not even in the same league. I own a P220 and IMHO it is a far superior build compared to the Glock, no question!

czimplydbest

imported post

cz sp01 phantom:

looks: 9/10, 10 being perfect. i find the glock ugly, although i like it because it goes bang even if you put it in mud. but then i want a gun with both substance and form. beauty and brains. the phantom has both.

muzzle flip: are you kidding me? miniscule comparable to shadow

recoil: again are you kidding me? on a 9mm? with long dust cover?

transitions: better than the shadow. just a bit.

accuracy: just like shadow. groupings are tight.sometimes i shoot over other shots i made.

price: cheaper than the shadow.

weight: light, can be carried the whole day. try carrying the shadow all day and you'll see the difference.

trigger: da/sa- d.a. a bit heavy for comfort at first. constant dry firing cured it. s.a. is sweeeeeeeeet.

future mods: planning to change some springs, remove firing pin block, trigger job, fiber optic sights, novak style rear, competition hammer, cz 85 combat trigger,etc. but since i won in a competition using it, i'm thinking why fix something that a'int broke. but then again why not?

defense: yes can be carried all day. 19 + 1. yes it's 19 + 1. constant use of the mags will lighten the springs and you'll be able to squeeze 1 more bullet into it.

competition: just won using it.bested somewho wereusing tanfoglio stockII, cz shadow, standard, tactical, cz 75, 85, glock 17,19, jericho, beretta, sig sauer.

recommend to buy?: absolutely

David.Car

imported post

Dustin wrote:

That would be the DA pull. Which is long because it is the guns only safety feature... The other safety being you of course.

After that DA shot the SA pull is shorter and much smoother. And if you still are having troubles they have Short Triggers.

Dustin

imported post

David.Car wrote:
Dustin wrote:

That would be the DA pull. Which is long because it is the guns only safety feature... The other safety being you of course.

After that DA shot the SA pull is shorter and much smoother. And if you still are having troubles they have Short Triggers.

Maybe. I racked the slide, though, then pulled the trigger.

Eitherway the SIG I'm most familiar with had a trigger job on it. And it defintely had a short break and reset.

David.Car

imported post

Dustin wrote:
Maybe. I racked the slide, though, then pulled the trigger.

Eitherway the SIG I'm most familiar with had a trigger job on it. And it defintely had a short break and reset.
Yeah, you can have a trigger job done to decrease the lb of the pull. Or you can replace with a short trigger to just decrease the distance of travel... OR you can do both and have a super light short pull ;)

357luvr

imported post

Well I got a chance to hand the CZ in question. Actually it didn't have a decocker but pretty much the same model. There was 2 things that really stood out to me.

1) Whoever said it was heavy is right. It felt like I could beat someone to death with the darn thing. I liked it!:celebrate

2) The slide was rather hard to pull back. First there's the fact that I'm used to a "Full sized" slide where I could reach down and rack the slide pretty easily. The CZ has a really short slide. Look at the pictures above and you'll see what I'm talking about. But also, the springs inside seemed really stiff making it somewhat difficult to pull it back.

3) I don't know if all CZ's are this way but this one was shipped with a 10rd mag. The guy behind the counter explained that this was so that they didn't have to send multiple versions of the same gun to different parts of the country.

Overall, I was pleasantly surprised when I handled it. I have a feeling that I'll end up trying out aCZ when I have the money. The way I see it, it's got to be on par with Glock or XD and they've never failed me in the past. They've never been the most accurate things in the world but they are dead nuts reliable.Either way, I think the CZ is what I'll trywhenever I'm able to afford a new gun.

Thanks for all your advice everyone!

Fawkes

imported post

I was initially looking at the SP-01 as my first firearm, but quickly fell in love with the P-01, and have been very pleased with it thus far. The slides are tough on these models and, at first, I thought it was my computer fingers being the culprit until I went to extreme outfitters to find a holster. An employee said it was fine to bring it in to try on what they had, as long as they were allowed to make sure it was clear first. Regardless to say, the glock owner who tried, took a few attempts to move it into open action. The only bad thing you'll find about the CZ's are the amount of aftermarket, or 3rd party, sellers of accessories. Beyond that, however; and you'll find it to be one hell of a gun and very accurate to boot!

Now that I have the 'itch', the SP-01 Tactical is on my short list for my next purchase...

EDIT: ALso, you'll be able to find the 18+1 in states that do not have the 10 rd. limit, so don't take the previous seller's word for it!

Fawkes

imported post

357luvr wrote:
Fawkes wrote:
EDIT: ALso, you'll be able to find the 18+1 in states that do not have the 10 rd. limit, so don't take the previous seller's word for it!
Hey I'm just telling you what the guy told me.
Just letting you know, in VA, the 18+1's are easily available. I would hate to see you have to pay for a larger magazine that should have come with the firearm in the first place :)

357luvr

imported post

I thought it sounded fishy anyway and if I was actually buying one today I wouldn't have gotten it without the hi-cap mags. As it were, I was just looking. Thanks for the heads up though