• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Had my LTCF seized at a Giant Eagle

Steve in PA

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
What IS IT with Pennsylvania cops? State and locals... Near everyday it's somethin' else with these yo-yo's. Even the leadership is stuck on stupid.

Its not every LEO and you only hear about interactions with ones where there is a problem such as this. You very seldom hear about interactions where nothing happened.

On another board a member posted he stopped posting about "good encounters" (with guns) because he got tired of typing............yada, yada, yada.....nothing happened.

imperialism2024

imported post

Steve in PA wrote:
Sonora Rebel wrote:
What IS IT with Pennsylvania cops? State and locals... Near everyday it's somethin' else with these yo-yo's. Even the leadership is stuck on stupid.
Its not every LEO and you only hear about interactions with ones where there is a problem such as this. You very seldom hear about interactions where nothing happened.

On another board a member posted he stopped posting about "good encounters" (with guns) because he got tired of typing............yada, yada, yada.....nothing happened.
Yup, IIRC, PA Patriot's arrest was the first time he ever had a negative LEO encounter. If anything, the number of negative LEO encounters in Pennsylvania is encouraging, because it means that more people are OCing. I'd think that the negative/positive ratio is very low.

Pa. Patriot

State Researcher
Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
Yup, IIRC, PA Patriot's arrest was the first time he ever had a negative LEO encounter. If anything, the number of negative LEO encounters in Pennsylvania is encouraging, because it means that more people are OCing. I'd think that the negative/positive ratio is very low.

I agree. I've OC'd hundreds, probably well over a thousand times in PA and as you pointed out... one negative LEO encounter. And I have intereacted with LEO and been seen (not interacted) may times.

Most PA LEO seem to be up to speed. It's the pesky minority that we read about here.

Prophet

imported post

Pa. Patriot wrote:
imperialism2024 wrote:

I agree. I've OC'd hundreds, probably well over a thousand times in PA and as you pointed out... one negative LEO encounter. And I have intereacted with LEO and been seen (not interacted) may times.

Most PA LEO seem to be up to speed. It's the pesky minority that we read about here.

There are 2 categories I bring up with regards to negative reactions to OC'ing and the police. There are the power trip cops who want to run roughshod over you and exert their opinions in lieu of law and then there are those Police Departments out there that turn a deaf ear to complaints or actively encourage their officers to hassle open carriers.

I think that while the Redder parts of PA tend to accept and welcome OC'ers the more blue cities have embedded disregard for peoples freedoms and disdain for anyone who knows and expresses their constitutional freedoms. And i'm talking about 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5,th etc. So conversely to PA Patriot, getting hassled for me is the rule and the knowledgable cop is the exception here in Pittsburgh.

Just imagine PA. Patriot open carrying in Philladelphia (if he has a permit) i don't think his ratio of hassled to non hassled would stay so heavy into the latter.

Pa. Patriot

State Researcher
Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

Prophet wrote:
Just imagine PA. Patriot open carrying in Philladelphia (if he has a permit) i don't think his ratio of hassled to non hassled would stay so heavy into the latter.

I have OC'd in Phila, as well as ther "blue" cities (Harrisburg, WB, Scranton, Allentown, Pittsburgh) with no issues.

I do not doubt that my "ratio" will change if I OC more in Phila. I believe it will to some extent. But I stand by my observations of PA as a whole.

Prophet

imported post

Pa. Patriot wrote:
Prophet wrote:

I have OC'd in Phila, as well as ther "blue" cities (Harrisburg, WB, Scranton, Allentown, Pittsburgh) with no issues.

I do not doubt that my "ratio" will change if I OC more in Phila. I believe it will to some extent. But I stand by my observations of PA as a whole.

Didn't mean to make assumptions...but I have heard more anti stories on a whole coming from the Philly area than the central PA area. But as a whole I think PA is better than other places in the area...like basically every state it touches.

Wynder

State Researcher
imported post

The property owner or an agent thereof can ask you to leave the property -- from the police officer who has been hired by store to provide security right down to 15 year-old stock boy. All it would take in a court proceeding is for the owner to say, "Yes, I vested that power in that employee," and the criminal trespass charge sticks.

If *anyone* remotely connected with the establishment asks you to leave private property, start walking towards the door immediately. During that time, feel free to ask to speak with the General Manager or for their name and card, but if you do no leave, you will most likely be arrested.

imperialism2024

imported post

Wynder wrote:
The property owner or an agent thereof can ask you to leave the property -- from the police officer who has been hired by store to provide security right down to 15 year-old stock boy. All it would take in a court proceeding is for the owner to say, "Yes, I vested that power in that employee," and the criminal trespass charge sticks.

If *anyone* remotely connected with the establishment asks you to leave private property, start walking towards the door immediately. During that time, feel free to ask to speak with the General Manager or for their name and card, but if you do no leave, you will most likely be arrested.
Very true. Not to mention that you probably don't want to do business with an anti-gun store anyway. Regardless, the time to complain is after you've left the premesis, not while you're being confronted about leaving.

S.E.WI

imported post

Steve in PA wrote:
Sonora Rebel wrote:

Why all the encounters in the first place? Good and bad need to end. It isn't called for but at least you folks don't live in WI. It's just plain tyranny here.