• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sarah Palin Poll

MSgt G

imported post

She's probably more qualified to be President than Obama! :)I think she can handle the VP job very well.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Qualitfied? Are we talking about experience?

I would think that someone that has held office as Mayor of a town and then Governor of a State would have administrative and managerial experience. Isn't that pretty much what a President (should somethig happen to McCain) does. I think many people forget that the only way to get real presidential experience is to actually hold the office. We've not had any one elected to the Oval Office that had prior experience, I don't think.

And every one of the Presidents have surrounded themselves with advisors on every issue faced by them.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

trevorthebusdriver wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
Is Sarah Palin qualified to be VP?

39% percent had voted YES, 60% NO.

Let's turn this around.....
You can vote yes til the moose come home and it still won't make her qualified.:celebrate
You can vote no til the moose comes home and it still won't make her less qualified. :p:celebrate

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

trevorthebusdriver wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
Is Sarah Palin qualified to be VP?

39% percent had voted YES, 60% NO.

Let's turn this around.....
You can vote yes til the moose come home and it still won't make her qualified.:celebrate

haha, owned. :thumbup:

Voted... no.

Technically she's "qualified," (meaning she's notbarred from it)but then again so are a large number of people in the country that fascinate me by even managing to survive day to day. In reality, she's not remotely close to qualified.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Under 45 years old, loves the outdoors, hunts, a Republican reformer, taken on the Republican Party establishment, many children, a spot on the national ticket as vice president with less than two years in the governor's office.

Sound like Sarah Palin? Sure does but it was also
Teddy Roosevelt in 1900.

Hmmmmm...........

Yata hey

holeinhead

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Under 45 years old, loves the outdoors, hunts, a Republican reformer, taken on the Republican Party establishment, many children, a spot on the national ticket as vice president with less than two years in the governor's office.

Teddy Roosevelt in 1900.

Hmmmmm...........

Yata hey
So you're saying...

TR has been reborn as Palin?! :dude:

I think the upcoming debates will tell a lot about how "qualified" the candidates are for the job. Both Obama and Palin come to the table with seemingly low experience, yet it could turn out that both would make great presidents. We'll have to see.

But Palin for sure has my vote that she seems like a cool person.

My vote for who should be Pres is still up in the air.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:

Teddy Roosevelt in 1900.

Hmmmmm...........

Yata hey

I don't think experience is really the main issue. Dubya showed us that experience doesn't mean anything (don't take the wrong way, I mean it in the sense that he had decent experience as well as a family history and still sucks royally). My issue with her not being qualified is that the last thing this country needs is someone that can't keep religion out of politics. Her statements about the Iraq War being a "mission from god," or something to that effect, have no place in the White House. We need someone that will govern by the Constitution, not by their personal religious beliefs. McCain's selection of Palin is an extremely lame and woefully obviousattempt to pick up Hillary voters, nothing more.

rodbender

imported post

yeahYeah wrote:
she's doing well considering PBS is close to communist state radio

Exactly my thought. I mean most people that watch or listen to PBS are leftists already, so it's to be expected. Actually I thought it would be morelopsided.

Yes 39%

No 53%

Not Sure 7%

G

imported post

rodbender wrote:
yeahYeah wrote:
she's doing well considering PBS is close to communist state radio

Exactly my thought. I mean most people that watch or listen to PBS are leftists already, so it's to be expected. Actually I thought it would be morelopsided.

Yes 39%

No 53%

Not Sure 7%
Kind of like FAUX NEWS, uh?

tarzan1888

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
Dukester wrote:
People are begining to realize that ole fishlips is nothing more than a liar... Hell, even some repubs are Disenfranchised from her rhetoric.
Illiterate troll

Doug....I love your way with words.

Tarzan

ccunning

imported post

Sorry guys. Voted no. "Qualified" means more than being pro-RKBA.

Yes
m-blue.gif
m-blue.gif
m-blue.gif
40%
No
m-blue.gif
m-blue.gif
m-blue.gif
m-blue.gif
m-blue.gif
52%
Not Sure
m-blue.gif
6%

tarzan1888

imported post

ccunning wrote:
Sorry guys. Voted no. "Qualified" means more than being pro-RKBA.

Yes
m-blue.gif
m-blue.gif
m-blue.gif
40%
No
m-blue.gif
m-blue.gif
m-blue.gif
m-blue.gif
m-blue.gif
52%
Not Sure
m-blue.gif
6%

Sorry guy....but she is more qualified for President than you guy and she isn't even running for that office.

You guys on the left want to cloud up the issue in that regard.

The real question here is JUDGEMENT.....and there thediscrepancy is huge.

Your guy showed his lack of judgment in his choice of religious leader, friends and running mate.

You showed your lack of judgment when you chose your guy.

QED

Tarzan