• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sarah Palin Poll

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

PBS has a short video on Sarah Palin] on their website. Also included is a poll that asks: Is Sarah Palin qualified to be VP?

I logged on a few minutes ago and 39% percent had voted YES, 60% NO.

Let's turn this around..... You don't have to give your name or email address in order to vote.

It's very simple.
Here's the link:

http://www.pbs.org/now/polls/poll-435.html

Yata hey

tarzan1888

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
PBS has a short video on Sarah Palin] on their website. Also included is a poll that asks: Is Sarah Palin qualified to be VP?

I logged on a few minutes ago and 39% percent had voted YES, 60% NO.

Let's turn this around..... You don't have to give your name or email address in order to vote.

It's very simple.]
Here's the link:]

http://www.pbs.org/now/polls/poll-435.html]

Yata hey

Yes is now at 45%

Tarzan

Legba

imported post

I think all this talk of "qualifications" for high office is interesting. According to the constitution, you have to be 35, native born, and must have resided in the states for at least 14 years to be president. The founding fathers didn't include any criteria about sex, prior office, creditworthiness, etc.

Is Palin qualified? Yes. I don't care for her, but if Bush Light can do it, how hard can it be?

-ljp

Dustin

imported post

Legba wrote:
I think all this talk of "qualifications" for high office is interesting. According to the constitution, you have to be 35, native born, and must have resided in the states for at least 14 years to be president. The founding fathers didn't include any criteria about sex, prior office, creditworthiness, etc.

Is Palin qualified? Yes. I don't care for her, but if Bush Light can do it, how hard can it be?

-ljp

+1 & Same here.

I'm voting for McCain, not Palin.

There is NO Alternative IMO, and I'm in high hopes that he'll serve his Full Term.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Yes
m-blue.gif
46% No
m-blue.gif
52% Not Sure
m-blue.gif
0%

I voted yes more to put a thumb in the eye of Rock Bama and McLame than approval as VP.

vrwmiller

imported post

Legba wrote:
I was thinking the same thing when I read the OP. "Bush Light", as you so elequently put it, had little experience in federal politics himself and he was voted President.

tarzan1888

imported post

You have to remember that this is a PBS poll. If it is not rigged, which I am not sure that it is not.....Who is going to read it. It is not scientific and the main group of people that are going to take notice of it, would never vote for her anyway.

Tarzan

FogRider

imported post

vrwmiller wrote:
Legba wrote:
I was thinking the same thing when I read the OP. "Bush Light", as you so elequently put it, had little experience in federal politics himself and he was voted President.
That doesn't necessarily make him qualified. Also, I don't think being qualified comes close to being the same as right for the job. It's simply the minimum requirements for even being considered. Personally, I'm not sure the Republicans could have found a worse candidate. I don't really like how I think McCain would act as president, but I'm pretty sure he can at least do the job. Palin? I doubt she could do a good job a VP, let alone be considered as next in line for Supreme Commander.

tarzan1888

imported post

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/qualified

"having the qualities, accomplishments, etc., required by law or custom for getting, having, or exercising a right, holding an office, or the like. "

Qualifications, as we generally use them, are subjective terms. If you are small minded and don't like someone......they, in your eyes, are not qualified for anything.

Tarzan