• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pretty funny coming from Rove

scarlett1125

imported post

OK, as most of you know, I don't like either of the leading candidates. However, when Bush's brain, Karl Rove, says that another republican has "gone too far," there should be some notice of it. Granted, he said that both candidates need to "be careful," which, in Rove terms, simply means that they need to rephrase to avoid having their lies discovered.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/14/campaign.wrap/

If you really want to check out all the lies, this is a good website: http://www.factcheck.org/

Bear 45/70

imported post

Has anyone else noticed that neither candidate talks about what they plan to really do, but spend all their time telling us about what the other guy doesn't know or hasn't done, or did or how ridiculous the ides is? Like I've said before, "Neither of the above, go back and start over and do it right for once!"

Triple Tap

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
Has anyone else noticed that neither candidate talks about what they plan to really do, but spend all their time telling us about what the other guy doesn't know or hasn't done, or did or how ridiculous the ides is? Like I've said before, "Neither of the above, go back and start over and do it right for once!"
I agree, ctrl/alt/del :shock:

Ajetpilot

imported post

I know what you're feeling. Up until a few days ago, I was ready to vote my heart by marking my ballot for Bob Barr (Libertarian candidate).

Then I started thinking about how we almost lost the Second Amendment in the Heller decision. Do you realise we kept the individualRight to Keep and Bear Arms by only one vote? We can not afford to put a leftist in office who will load the Supreme Court with liberal activist judges. So, I'll be holding my nose and voting for McCain this election.

heresolong

imported post

Might want to pay attention to this since the original quote has been snipped out of a longer speech.

"Rove said Sunday Democrats e-mailing around his quote without noting that he levels similar criticism against Obama were distorting his meaning. “Of course, they fail to say anything about the fact I said they were even more misleading,” he told Politico."

Funny how you are willing to take what he allegedly said at face value if it slams the Republicans, the rest of the time he is "the most dishonest man in Washington". Is it too much to ask for consistency?

Cremator75

imported post

Ajetpilot wrote:
Then I started thinking about how we almost lost the Second Amendment in the Heller decision. Do you realise we kept the individualRight to Keep and Bear Arms by only one vote? We can not afford to put a leftist in office who will load the Supreme Court with liberal activist judges. So, I'll be holding my nose and voting for McCain this election.
+1

We also already came too close to joining the UN and their World gun ban once. I don't want to ever see them tell us what we can do in the USA.

sirpuma

imported post

Ajetpilot wrote:
I know what you're feeling. Up until a few days ago, I was ready to vote my heart by marking my ballot for Bob Barr (Libertarian candidate).

My support was for Ron Paul, but he got pushed out and us Ron Paul supporters were pushed out of our local conventions and primaries. So I will still vote my heart and vote for Bob Barr. I will never vote against my freedoms, I made that mistake with Bush. Both the main candidates are evil, one is communist, one is fascist; two sides of the same coin.

Bear 45/70 wrote:
I'm with you here. Neither.

scarlett1125

imported post

heresolong wrote:
Might want to pay attention to this since the original quote has been snipped out of a longer speech.

"Rove said Sunday Democrats e-mailing around his quote without noting that he levels similar criticism against Obama were distorting his meaning. “Of course, they fail to say anything about the fact I said they were even more misleading,” he told Politico."

Funny how you are willing to take what he allegedly said at face value if it slams the Republicans, the rest of the time he is "the most dishonest man in Washington". Is it too much to ask for consistency?
Considering the fact that I said, "Granted, he said that both candidates need to "be careful," which, in Rove terms, simply means that they need to rephrase to avoid having their lies discovered," I think I was pretty fair. Both of these men are lying, and both of them have agendas with which I cannot agree. I'll be honest in saying that I despise Karl Rove, George Bush, John McCain, and the whole lot of politicians who got us into this war on false pretenses. However, I'm NOT a democrat. I try to vote based on my conscience, but my conscience can't get behind either of these two. One wants to delete part of the Constitution, and the other wants to keep our family and friends involved in a war that has done nothing for our country other than to effectively kill our economy--while admitting that he knows very little about economics, I might add. :banghead:

So, while I don't like a lot of things that the republicans have done in the last eight years, I don't have warm fuzzies for the dems either. :cuss:

My point was that, Karl Rove, the inventor of George Bush and the man who can run some of the dirtiest campaigns ever seen, is now calling McCain and Obama on the carpet for lying? You have to at least see the humor in that.

heresolong

imported post

scarlett1125 wrote:
I'll be honest in saying that I despise Karl Rove, George Bush, John McCain, and the whole lot of politicians who got us into this war on false pretenses.
What false pretenses? Bill Clinton, British intelligence, French intelligence, and the CIA all thought that he had weapons of mass destruction, along with most of the Senate until they turned it into a partisan issue. Saddam Hussein had spent ten years violating UN resolutions and firing on our troops and those of our allies patrolling the no fly zones. Saddam Hussein had clear ties to Al Qaeda (whether the left wants to acknowledge the evidence or not) and George Bush never said that SH was responsible for 9/11, only that he had supported those responsible. Saddam Hussein was giving large sums of the money to the families of suicide bombers and to other terrorist organizations, as well as providing safe haven to the leaders of those organizations. Saddam Hussein was killing 30,000 Iraqi citizens each year for disagreeing with his policies and government.

This war was fought on those "pretenses" and every one of them is valid. Was the intelligence bad on WMDs? It would appear that way although the alternative is that SH shipped the WMDs out of his country and the intelligence agencies didn't pick up on this. SH could have stopped this war at any time by cooperating with the United Nations. He chose not to. The political far left has turned this into a partisan issue by focusing on only one of the justifications for going to war, the WMD issue, and by ignoring the rest. The far left has not even been honest about that justification with their "Bush lied" cries.

heresolong

imported post

scarlett1125 wrote:
Considering the fact that I said, "Granted, he said that both candidates need to "be careful," which, in Rove terms, simply means that they need to rephrase to avoid having their lies discovered,"

My point was that, Karl Rove, the inventor of George Bush and the man who can run some of the dirtiest campaigns ever seen, is now calling McCain and Obama on the carpet for lying? You have to at least see the humor in that.
You didn't, however, point out that he clearly said that the Obama campaign was being even more dishonest. And how do you know what "Rove terms" means except through your admittedly biased interpretation. You are putting words in his mouth.

Given that the left has accused Sarah Palin about lying about who actually had her baby, that the left has lied about Sarah Palin wanting to ban books from the library, that the left has lied about why various employees of various Alaska governments were fired, accusing Palin of firing them for personal reasons, that they have lied about her religion, about her politics, and so on ad nauseum, I don't know that it is still legitimate to complain that Rove runs the dirtiest campaigns ever. Rove has never even come close to the kinds of lies and distortions that the left has run against Palin.

And given the whole "Bushitler" movement over the past eight years one might argue that the left has been far more dirty than Rove ever was. I suspect that many on the left just don't like the fact that they lost the last two elections but instead of looking at their own appeal to voters they just scapegoat someone on the opposing side.

heresolong

imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
I have to ask, what the hell does any of this have to do with OC or RKBA?
Nothing at all and I was tempted to not respond, but I just have trouble letting this kind of (in my opinion) distortion pass without comment. I probably should have.

Ajetpilot

imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
I have to ask, what the hell does any of this have to do with OC or RKBA?
Here ya go:

Ajetpilotwrote: