• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cuccinelli Receiving Ind. Baptist Award in Richmond; Campaigning in Valley

vrwmiller

imported post

For those who like to view the details w/o having to leave OCDO or open a new window...

Cuccinelli Receiving Ind. Baptist Award in Richmond; Campaigning in Valley

WHO: State Senator and Attorney General Candidate Ken Cuccinelli
WHAT: Receiving the Independent Baptists’ Patriot Award and Multiple
Campaign Stops
WHEN: Friday, September 19th and Saturday, September 20th
WHERE: Richmond, Lexington, Cloverdale

Friday, September 19, 2008

7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Independent Baptists Conference
Ken Cuccinelli is receiving the Patriot Award
Clover Hill Baptist Church
3100 Old Courthouse Rd
Richmond, VA 23236

Saturday, September 20, 2008

10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
6th District GOP Committee Meeting
Wingate Inn
1100 N. Lee Hwy
Lexington, VA 24450

6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Botetourt County Republican Ham Dinner
Read Mountain Middle School
182 Orchard Hill Drive
Cloverdale, VA 24077

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Tess wrote:
peter nap wrote:
Cucinelli might be gun-friendly, but this has NOTHING to do with OC or even guns.

I'm asking you to please stop treating this site as a campaign sign for the man.

I thought we went through that last time Tess.

He actually has a lot to do with OC, but if the Admins are opposed to the posts, I'll be happy to stop putting them up!

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

No, one time someone showed the newsletter had a gun article, and that ended the conversation.

Note the last newsletter you posted got no responses.

This is not a cucinelli site. I have no desire to get in to a urinary olympics, nor am I singling you out -- there are other political discussions that I think are inappropriate. I thought we could discuss this as adults, not asking for admins permissions, but perhaps I overestimated.

G

Gentleman Ranker

imported post

As one of the people who weighed in last time, I will say again that:

1. I claim no authority whatsoever to dictate what others may or may not post on this site. I'm as much a guest here as is anyone else.

2. That said, I agree with Tess. I think we are better off with as little political content as the goals of the site will permit -- particularly political content that is not obviously RKBA-related.

Just my opinion, of course. Others can, and will, disagree.

regards,

GR

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Tess wrote:
No, one time someone showed the newsletter had a gun article, and that ended the conversation.

Note the last newsletter you posted got no responses.

This is not a cucinelli site. I have no desire to get in to a urinary olympics, nor am I singling you out -- there are other political discussions that I think are inappropriate. I thought we could discuss this as adults, not asking for admins permissions, but perhaps I overestimated.
Tess, I'm not sure what your problem is with him...and honestly I don't care!!

You are right. This release doesn't have anything to do with GUNS or OC. Despite the fact that he is the single best friend gun owners have right now in Virginia politics.

I don't see you posting repeatedly over the OTHER political posts you mentioned, just these.
At any rate, since this release is NOT gun related, I'll remove it. I can't do much about the text that was posted.

67GT390FB

imported post

Tess wrote:

Note the last newsletter you posted got no responses. Simple news reporting items seldom do those who want to follow the link follow it those who don't don't.

No this is not a Cucinelli site nor is it Tess's or Peter's or 67GT's site alone its all of ours. If a member decides to post a link to the site of a pro gun candidate then that is On Topic enough for me and apparently mike and john as well otherwise they'd delete it.If they had a ban on any and all political topics like some sites do then we wouldn't have much to talk about around here.And your anti Obama avatar pick would not be welcome by the way.

Peter did not play donkie or some of the other political shills and give Cucinelli a glowing endorsement.

He simply posted a link to the candidates newsletter to allow the membership here to read it or not as they see fit and then to make their own judgements of the mans views like adults.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Thanks Joe!
That pretty much sums it up. I don't put the newsletters up to endorse him, rather to let the members see schedules and his positions on current events.

I post the link only so members don't HAVE to read the releases if they don't want to and I don't post a long dialog of my PERSONAL opinions, again to keep the information as sterile as possible.

That said, for the first time in a very long time, I feel that we have an extremely good chance of having an AG, Lt Gov. and Governor that represent our positions.

Tess obviously has a personal issue with him and is going to fuss whenever the links get posted.

Having an argument on a pro gun board only detracts from his excellent pro gun track record and positions.....so it's better for me to bite the bullet, and refrain from showing the links here.

Since Tess still has the link in her quote, I rearranged the pages so it now shows a story about a Rabid Raccoon in Henrico this week.

67GT390FB

imported post

peter nap wrote:
Thanks Joe!
That pretty much sums it up. I don't put the newsletters up to endorse him, rather to let the members see schedules and his positions on current events.

I post the link only so members don't HAVE to read the releases if they don't want to and I don't post a long dialog of my PERSONAL opinions, again to keep the information as sterile as possible.

That said, for the first time in a very long time, I feel that we have an extremely good chance of having an AG, Lt Gov. and Governor that represent our positions.

Tess obviously has a personal issue with him and is going to fuss whenever the links get posted.

Having an argument on a pro gun board only detracts from his excellent pro gun track record and positions.....so it's better for me to bite the bullet, and refrain from showing the links here.

Since Tess still has the link in her quote, I rearranged the pages so it now shows a story about a Rabid Raccoon in Henrico this week.

that's fine, but keep posting the links. the adults on this forum can read or not read what they choose to, kind of like tv parental control means turning it off or changing the channel.

http://news.oldva.org/?p=158

there's nothing wrong with reporting news.

joe

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Bubba Ron wrote:
Tess - look at your avatar - is IT not political???
Yes. It's also about guns.

My problems with Cucinelli aren't the issue. I don't believe it appropriate to post campaign literature that does not mention guns at all. If people want to know what he thinks, they should sign up for his newsletter; that's what I did.

Other political posts with no gun relevance that I noticed had been locked by the time I got there.

Enough. John doesn't want to lock these; he must have a reason.

Now, I'll leave with a quote from the Forum Rules: "[font="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"] Since we are a site dedicated to open carry,firearms and gun rights, all posts should relate substantially to one of these topics,[/font][font="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"]even if your comments pertain mainly to freedom andliberty. [/font][font="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"]"

Finis
[/font]

hsmith

imported post

I tend to agree with Tess.

But, I don't see much wrong with posting things that are relevant to VA - as long as Mike and John don't care.

Bubba Ron

imported post

peter nap wrote:
Despite the fact that he is the single best friend gun owners have right now in Virginia politics.
I believe the above quote is absolutely true, making a Cuccinelli post pertinent here - your mileage may vary....

Tess, I was not pinging on ya, just making an observation - I still can't see the gun part on your avatar, but I do believe you ;-)