Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lets say i buy a gun now...

Post imported post

and they come along and ban it, would i have to turn it in? burry it in the back yard? could they get a warrent to search my house for it?

Post imported post

...from your cold dead hands?

Post imported post

Timmer wrote:
    and they come along and ban it, would i have to turn it in? burry it in the back yard? could they get a warrent to search my house for it?
    Who knows. The previous assault weapon federal ban only stopped the manufacture of new "assault weapons" and everyone was free to keep their guns. IF there is a new ban it could be like that, or it could make it illegal to have guns period. Until new legislation is proposed, it's just a guess about what it would look like.
    IF guns were illegal, they'd be like anything else, so of course they could get a warrant to search your house for it. Imagine the current war on drugs, but as a war on guns. The warrants would probably all be "no knock" since they suspect you are armed...

Post imported post

Moral of the story... go buy some guns!

But yes, most gun "bans" in this country include grandfathering clauses for those who already own the guns to be banned. Mainly because anti-gunners know that at least a few gun owners will be happy to hand over their arsenals... ammo first.

Post imported post

IF.....Osamabama gets in....all 'grandfather' bets are off.

Banned

Post imported post

Prophet wrote:
    ...from your cold dead hands?

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I don't know what you are talking about...I don't own any guns.

Activist Member

Post imported post

Most likely they would allow owners to grandfather itin. That's what has been done with virtually all gun bans in the U.S.

That's whysupporters of antisalways say, "no one is going to take away your guns." They won't. They'll just make it illegal to buy guns or transfer guns, and make them illegal to carry. And they'll make them uncostly to shoot, and stored so safely that they are useless for defense.

Post imported post

How about the Street Sweeper??

This gun could be purchased and was by many people. Then it was classified as a NFA weapon.

So you had to register it with the ATF. Those in possession and in violation will get 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine.

You can still keep and bear arms.... but the constitution did not state which ones... :shock:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armsel_Striker

The Striker is difficult to procure in the United States of America as it has been labelled as a destructive device under the National Firearms Act with no sporting purpose by the U.S. Justice Department's Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF). [1][/suP]

The Government of Canada has classified the Striker, and all its variants and modified versions, as a "Prohibited Weapon," and therefore, it is illegal to procure or possess under almost any circumstances. [2][/suP]

Post imported post

guns? what are you talking about?

Post imported post

I had a fella afraid of an upcoming reclassifying of his Street Sweeper and I bought it for $275 LNIB.

I then had it pre registeredas a DD free of charge. After the law took effect, and I'd had enough fun with it, I sold it to a dealer for $900. He was a collector and appreciated it more than I. Fine weapon and no regrets.

Post imported post

id like to get that street sweeper, i saw one for sale for 1200$

Post imported post

Guns? Yes, I used to have some but I've gotten rid of them all

Post imported post

Street Sweeper? What an odd name.

Post imported post

Here's mine....used to be. 12 Gauge...12 shot.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
    You can still keep and bear arms.... but the constitution did not state which ones... :shock:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armsel_Striker

The Striker is difficult to procure in the United States of America as it has been labelled as a destructive device under the National Firearms Act with no sporting purpose by the U.S. Justice Department's Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF). [1][/suP]

The Government of Canada has classified the Striker, and all its variants and modified versions, as a "Prohibited Weapon," and therefore, it is illegal to procure or possess under almost any circumstances. [2][/suP]

Just goes to prove what I always thought. The second amendment is about body parts and short sleeved shirts.

Post imported post

LEO 229 wrote:

now that is a home defense shotgun. I want one.

Post imported post

What guns? I don't own any guns...

Post imported post

Molon lave
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V

Post imported post

Timmer wrote:
    You wouldn't want to bury it in your back yard. Metal detectors + your property = possession charge. Burying guns is highly problematic at best, so anyone who buries firearms should familiarize themselves with proper modern caching techniques before attempting it. Frankly, I think it's a great way to keep guns out of the hands of children, criminals, and tyrants. :celebrate

I doubt many Americans would turn in their guns voluntarily. This isn't Canada.

Post imported post

Statesman wrote:
    Timmer wrote:
    You wouldn't want to bury it in your back yard. Metal detectors + your property = possession charge. Burying guns is highly problematic at best, so anyone who buries firearms should familiarize themselves with proper modern caching techniques before attempting it. Frankly, I think it's a great way to keep guns out of the hands of children, criminals, and tyrants. :celebrate

I doubt many Americans would turn in their guns voluntarily. This isn't Canada.
    not if you give them free gas cards for guns....http://www.orlandosentinel.com/commu...,2422912.story

when times are tough...people will do anything and our oppressive govt. knows that.

Post imported post

But on Thursday, Hayden, 86, handed the gun, which he received as a prize for selling garden seeds and Cloverine salve, to Osceola County deputy sheriffs. He left with a $50 gasoline gift card and peace of mind from knowing that he had disposed of the weapon safely at a time when shooting deaths are on the rise in Central Florida.
    Yes, peace of mind knowing that your gun won't load itself, grow legs, and go somewhere and shoot someone by itself. These people likely wouldn't know how to use them, let alone defend themselves with one. Or, perhaps he didn't trust himself in that he wouldn't arbitrarily go shoot someone? Who knows.

I'd say those who are stupid enough to trade their guns for $50 gas cards, when guns are $500+, are better off without them. You would have to be mathematically deficient to accept such an offer.

In fact, I'll give ANYONE reading this a better offer! I'll offer anyone reading this a $100 gas card for a Kimber CDP II Compact or Ultra. That's twice what Osceola County deputy sheriffs are offering!! HURRY, this offer WON'T LAST LONG!!
    :celebrate

Hitler would be proud.

Post imported post

Statesman wrote:
    In fact, I'll give ANYONE reading this a better offer! I'll offer anyone reading this a $100 gas card for a Kimber CDP II Compact or Ultra. That's twice what Osceola County deputy sheriffs are offering!! HURRY, this offer WON'T LAST LONG!!
    Heh I can't help but chuckle reading this as I look at the Ultra on my left side. You sure have a deal, how can I resist?!

Post imported post

Sad sad day when people come to my door, to "collect" my gun I suggest anyone who reloads to stop by my house 5 minutes after this "collection" takes place. There will probably be close to 1000 empties in all different calibers depending on how many rooms I make it to.

Post imported post

john_galt wrote:
    Statesman wrote:
    Heh I can't help but chuckle reading this as I look at the Ultra on my left side. You sure have a deal, how can I resist?!
    Hey, I'll even give you your choice of gas station, and overnight it to ya! Only 10 minutes left!!!!!

Really, though. Line up the suckers that want to sell their Kimber, or any other gun, for a $100 gas card, and I'll show you a profitable business and a brand new paid for house.

Gun dealers should take notice of this, and turn around and put the guns back in the hands of people who will use them to defend America from crime.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast