• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

lets say i buy a gun now...

yeahYeah

imported post

Statesman wrote:
Timmer wrote:
and they come along and ban it, would i have to turn it in? burry it in the back yard? could they get a warrent to search my house for it?
You wouldn't want to bury it in your back yard. Metal detectors + your property = possession charge. Burying guns is highly problematic at best, so anyone who buries firearms should familiarize themselves with proper modern caching techniques before attempting it. Frankly, I think it's a great way to keep guns out of the hands of children, criminals, and tyrants. :celebrate

I doubt many Americans would turn in their guns voluntarily. This isn't Canada.
not if you give them free gas cards for guns....http://www.orlandosentinel.com/community/news/kissimmee/orl-gasguns08aug15,0,2422912.story

when times are tough...people will do anything and our oppressive govt. knows that.

Statesman

imported post

But on Thursday, Hayden, 86, handed the gun, which he received as a prize for selling garden seeds and Cloverine salve, to Osceola County deputy sheriffs. He left with a $50 gasoline gift card and peace of mind from knowing that he had disposed of the weapon safely at a time when shooting deaths are on the rise in Central Florida.
Yes, peace of mind knowing that your gun won't load itself, grow legs, and go somewhere and shoot someone by itself. These people likely wouldn't know how to use them, let alone defend themselves with one. Or, perhaps he didn't trust himself in that he wouldn't arbitrarily go shoot someone? Who knows.

I'd say those who are stupid enough to trade their guns for $50 gas cards, when guns are $500+, are better off without them. You would have to be mathematically deficient to accept such an offer.

In fact, I'll give ANYONE reading this a better offer! I'll offer anyone reading this a $100 gas card for a Kimber CDP II Compact or Ultra. That's twice what Osceola County deputy sheriffs are offering!! HURRY, this offer WON'T LAST LONG!!
:celebrate

Hitler would be proud.

john_galt

imported post

Statesman wrote:
In fact, I'll give ANYONE reading this a better offer! I'll offer anyone reading this a $100 gas card for a Kimber CDP II Compact or Ultra. That's twice what Osceola County deputy sheriffs are offering!! HURRY, this offer WON'T LAST LONG!!
Heh I can't help but chuckle reading this as I look at the Ultra on my left side. You sure have a deal, how can I resist?! :)

RIAShooter

imported post

Sad sad day when people come to my door, to "collect" my gun I suggest anyone who reloads to stop by my house 5 minutes after this "collection" takes place. There will probably be close to 1000 empties in all different calibers depending on how many rooms I make it to.

Statesman

imported post

john_galt wrote:
Statesman wrote:
Heh I can't help but chuckle reading this as I look at the Ultra on my left side. You sure have a deal, how can I resist?! :)
Hey, I'll even give you your choice of gas station, and overnight it to ya! Only 10 minutes left!!!!!

Really, though. Line up the suckers that want to sell their Kimber, or any other gun, for a $100 gas card, and I'll show you a profitable business and a brand new paid for house.

Gun dealers should take notice of this, and turn around and put the guns back in the hands of people who will use them to defend America from crime.

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

We should have a gun buy program.

Theseus will work hard to ensure that your guns don't end up in the hands of criminals!

Keep them off the streets and in my hands!

Up to $50* in cash for each gun surrendered!

*Depends on desirability and condition of the gun surrendered.

zoom6zoom

imported post

If you think it's time to start burying guns, it's time to start digging them up.

Another good reason to have guns with no paper on them... or to learn how to build your own.

Harper1227

imported post

zoom6zoom wrote:
If you think it's time to start burying guns, it's time to start digging them up.

Another good reason to have guns with no paper on them... or to learn how to build your own.

may just be the hormones, but i actually just got a little misty eyed. I really hope it never comes to that.

I hate the thought of spending time in a cell for contempt fornot turning over my guns. (Which though they don't have to be registered in VA are recorded upon purchase.) Or some similiar "crime". Or worse, having a fire fight with a good cop or soldier sent to do the wrong thing. I don't know that I could do that.

But, what are the options when you are stuck in that time when "America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards." — 101 Things to Do 'Til the Revolution (1996)

My husband just said, by the time the come to your door, the battle is lost. The time to fight is now. In the city council halls and the legislative buildings.

I tend to agree.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

I almost bought a Street Sweeper... back when. 'Didn't like the trigger... which levered the drum. A full drum was a bit much on the finger. Maybe just as well I didn't or I might have had MD JBT's beatin' my door down. My Remmie 870's do the job. I still wanta Franchi SPAS tho.

savery

imported post

Harper1227 wrote:
Or worse, having a fire fight with a good cop or soldier sent to do the wrong thing. I don't know that I could do that.
Yeah, those "good cops and soldiers" are just as good, maybe even better, than the good cops and soldiers that processed Jews like cattle into death camps.

It's just a shame that a bunch of them were hanged later because everyone said that "following orders" wasn't good enough.

imperialism2024

imported post

zoom6zoom wrote:

Eh... I used to get paranoid about that, but I've realized now that so much as one "on the books" gun purchase, and perhaps even one pro-gun post on a pro-gun forum, is most likely enough to identify me to Big Brother as a "gun owner". I doubt it will matter how many guns you have "on the books", as your property would most likely be ransacked and your guns found in the event of a confiscation. Or you would just be summarily executed. There is no longer such a thing as complete anonymity.

:uhoh:

savery

imported post

It's not like you're going to listen to the news in the morning that says "last night congress approved a bill that was immediately signed by the president to ban all firearms."

It's going to be slow and insidious... just like it has been. Decrease the number of people that can own and buy guns, and the type of guns that you can own.

First, it's convicted felons, people with dishonorable discharge, and drunks. Because those people are Eeeeevil.

Then, the wife beaters, druggies, and the mentally unstable. Because these people are Eeeevil.

Soon enough the form 4473 will look like this:

Question 40. In the past five years, have you:

a. Been terminated by an employer?
b. Been prescribed antidepressants by a physician?
c. Been through a divorce?
d. Attended counseling for anger or stress related issues, whether or not such counseling was voluntary?
e. Been party to a lawsuit?
f. lost a spouse or immediate family member?

And later, I'm sure they'll add:

g. Conducted a transaction at a DMV?
h. flown on a commercial airline?
i. driven a motor vehicle?
j. had a menstrual cycle?

... and so on and so forth.

Harper1227

imported post

savery wrote:
Harper1227 wrote:
Or worse, having a fire fight with a good cop or soldier sent to do the wrong thing. I don't know that I could do that.
Yeah, those "good cops and soldiers" are just as good, maybe even better, than the good cops and soldiers that processed Jews like cattle into death camps.

It's just a shame that a bunch of them were hanged later because everyone said that "following orders" wasn't good enough.

come on! take it to the extreme much? I was a soldier and there is a loooong distance from doing something that the government has deemed legal (so it is a lawful order) that you don't agree with and committing genocide.

and i understand that that may be only the beginning, but I am only speaking for myself when I say I don't knowthat I could do it at that point. And that may bemy problem, but I won't sit her and talk smack like I'm some effin cowboy gonna shoot up anybody that comes to take myguns. I can't say what I would do and I hope I never have to make the choice.

But isn't that why we're all here. trying to protect our rights, keep them from being taken BEFORE people come for our guns? It all starts with giving up the guns. So let's worry about that NOW and it will never come to people being hung for following orders. k?

David.Car

imported post

Harper1227 wrote:
come on! take it to the extreme much? I was a soldier and there is a loooong distance from doing something that the government has deemed legal (so it is a lawful order) that you don't agree with and committing genocide.
Didn't you take an oath to uphold the constitution? Would than being ordered to violate civilians civil rights by confiscating all their firearms be in violation of your oath? If so... How could you go through with that order without being just as bad as the ones who gave it?

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Posse Comitatus Act of 1878 forbids US Armed Forces from exercise of any police powers over the civil community.

However NG's under Title 18 USC at the direction of the State may do so. Again... Confiscation of anything would violate the Constitution. Notthat it would matter to some. I think LEO's would be more apt to violate Constitutional Rights (as they often do) than any Military leadership in the present day.

icode

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
Posse Comitatus Act of 1878 forbids US Armed Forces from exercise of any police powers over the civil community.

However NG's under Title 18 USC at the direction of the State may do so. Again... Confiscation of anything would violate the Constitution. Notthat it would matter to some. I think LEO's would be more apt to violate Constitutional Rights (as they often do) than any Military leadership in the present day.
I agree, most military people that I have met/known have a completely different attitude towards the citizens of this country that the police that I have known. I'm sure that's due to their job, but it exists all the same. The military seem to have an attitude of protecting the citizens and their rights, the police... well, I won't get into that one again.