Thread: Getting ready to OC for the first time

Post imported post

Ok, I'm going to my CCDW course Saturday in lexington and want to open carry there and back, and maybe to walmart to buy the ammo. I have never OC'd before, what can I expect, and what can I do to better prepare myself?

Thanks!

Post imported post

Go with a friend who supports you and have them carry a camera if something does happen. Not only will it help your case if you get arrested but the people on this forum love juicy videos of cops behaving badly.

Post imported post

Nooblet has it correct. Just be normal and confront no one. It is your RIGHT!

Post imported post

If your area is anything like mine (Nashville, TN) you will not have any problems at all. Since I got my TN HCP, I have done nothing but open carry. I can count on one hand the number of people who just stared. Most people don't even notice and a few notice and then go about their business.

I've only been OCing about a 5-6 weeks and I have not had any real confrontation with anyone (good or bad).

Remember, just be yourself and revel in the awe of being an American with the rights and responsibilities that we all share.

Post imported post

Thanks, guys! I went to the gas station in Lancaster Ky to fuel up, then went to the range friday to practice. I am a member of the Boyle co fish and game club , right next to the ponderosa speedway. I met a couple of guys who planned on watching a race or two after they spent their shells. I went with them and we all three open carried. there were lots of fellas oc'ing there too. It made me feel much more comfortable with the idea.

Post imported post

Thanks, guys! I went to the gas station in Lancaster Ky to fuel up, then went to the range friday to practice. I am a member of the Boyle co fish and game club , right next to the ponderosa speedway. I met a couple of guys who planned on watching a race or two after they spent their shells. I went with them and we all three open carried. there were lots of fellas oc'ing there too. It made me feel much more comfortable with the idea.

Post imported post

BryantsvilleBum wrote:
    I went with them and we all three open carried. there were lots of fellas oc'ing there too. It made me feel much more comfortable with the idea.
    <anti-gunner comment>

Wow, and there were no shootouts that took place? Impossible!

</anti-gunner comment>

Post imported post

N00blet45 wrote:
    Go with a friend who supports you and have them carry a camera if something does happen. Not only will it help your case if you get arrested but the people on this forum love juicy videos of cops behaving badly.
    This is what I'll be using when I OC. The Flip Mino video camera.

http://www.theflip.com/products_flip...cene=sceneMain