• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I fooled my wife!

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

I told her that I needed herto go to a class that I had signed her up for, so she agreed. Turns out I had signed her up for a CHP(CCW, whatever you call it in your neck of the woods), but I had only signed her up tentatively.She shocked the hell out of me by agreeing to go without any double thoughts. I then asked her what gun she wanted to use...she's going with one of my full size 1911 .45's!!! I love this chick!

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

:shock:

Actually, I wouldn't count on it. It's amazing how 7 years ago she was a staunch anti from NY that didn't know what "we" were going to have to do with my gun (the old .40) when the baby came along. Ever since she has been a stay at home mom she has realized that going about daily errands as a young (and very good looking woman) with a little boy can present her with some scary situations. She still would never open carry. Her excuse is that she doesn't wear belts, but then didn't say much when I showed her a paddle holster. She is willing to keep a firearm in her purse, or even under her sweatshirt. I doubt it will ever be anywhere closer to her than her car, if she even chooses to carry; but I want her to have the option to protect herself without Johnny Law harassing her for choosing to protect our son. I also think that it is good for her to be around firearms with other people so that she can see that more people like herself have chosen not to be victims. she needs to see that not everyone who carries a gun is a gun loving fanatic like me! :celebrate