• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Great experience at Big 5!

madcapmag

imported post

Let me get this requirement out of the way: I OC'd in this particular store twice and the employees were top notch. The other store, not so great.

So, I read that they were having a sale on Mosin Nagants. I decided to grab one. I visited the Scottsdale store (near SGC). It was an hour before close, the manager gave me a funny look after seeing my OC, and both he and the gun counter guy were kind of cold. Said they only had the 1 on sale (possible, but most likely too lazy). It was not in good condition, so I left.

Went to the one on Bell, just east of I-17. Patrick, the assistant GM, helped me at the counter. He was a hoot and so were his employees! They were ribbing each other and generally made it a pleasant experience. They had 1 out, and when I asked if they had more, he asked the girl to check in the computer. She said they had 11 more. He thought she was joking, they ribbed each other a bit, and he walked into the back to make sure. He came back and with a surprised look on his face, said he indeed had 10 more. It was around 8:45pm, so I said I'd be back another day. So Patrick gave me a card and told me to call him before heading there and he'd pull them all out so i didn't have to wait.

So today, I called, but he was busy, so after being on hold for a bit, i decided just to drive up. I went in, they were quite busy. I waited for a bit and Patrick was finally free. He was really apologetic, but he said he had something for me. He pulled out a Mosin he had stashed away and it was absolutely fantastic! He said he looked through all of them and pulled the best one. I joked with him that he just wanted me out, and he pulled out more and indeed, he had found the best one.

Filled out the paperwork, bought a box of ammo (which they had: 7.62X54R), and bought the gun. If you ever are in the area, stop by the Big5 on Bell and I-17. Its on the southside of Bell and support Patrick, one of the best AGM's I've met in a long time!

PavePusher

imported post

I've had excellent experiences O.C.ing while getting my M44 and 91/30 at the Big 5 on Speedway here in Tucson. The M44is a tack driver, the 91 is very clean, but groups are horrible, needs some work. Can't complain for under $190.

Alec411

imported post

RE: Big 5

There is one on Thomas at about 34th ST. Across the street from a Taco Bell, just west of a Walgreen's. I been in there for a couple of sales, and they have always been great. Not a whole lot of selection of ammo, but oh well!