• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Holster recommendations

Cougar125

imported post

I am in need of holster recommendations to OC my Ruger KP90 .45

I'm wanting to know the pros and cons of hip holster and drop down (thigh) holster. What would be y'alls recommendations for somebody new to the community of OC?

Pol Mordreth

imported post

I carry my P944 (.40) in a Fobus Roto Paddle. Its a mid ride, with decent retention. The paddle is really really comfortable, and it stays exactly where I put it. I counterbalance with the fobus roto paddle double mag carrier on the other side.

I also have an Ace shoulder rig if I'm going on a long car trip.

I wore a thigh holster in the service. Best for draw time, more comfortable to sit down, but you may not want the 'tactical' image. Also, there are some areas where CC may be better for tactical or social reasons. A thigh holster cannot be concealed easily, where all I have to do to conceal my Fobus is untuck my overshirt.

just my 0.02, hope this helps.

Respectfully,

Pol