• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kentucky History Museum, etc. off limits?

JohnKelly

imported post

Does anybody know if the Kentucky History Museum, Military History Museum and Old State Capital are off limits for CCW?

JohnKelly

imported post

FYI in case anyone was planing on going, the Military History museum is closed for another 9 months due to renovation. The Thomas D. Clark Center for Kentucky History and the Old State Capitol are still open.

KY_CCDW

imported post

If it is a state building, it cannot legally be posted. I know some that are, but it is not within the law as I understand it.

Some exceptions would be a detention facility, legislative meetings, etc....

I have carried in the Capitol Bldg. Even went throuigh their metal detector and put my S&W 442 in the little basket.

This is not legal advice, and I'm not an attorney!

JohnKelly

imported post

Are you an LEO or a CCW holder? Curious as to what sort of raised eyebrows occured as a result of your 442 in their basket.

KY_CCDW

imported post

Not a LEO or anything like that. State law prohibits carrying in legislative meetings (unless you're a legislator), but notin state bldgs.

The guard asked to see my permit, and asked to make a copy of it to hold while I was in the building.

A man in a suit came and stood beside me while I was listening to the speaker. He was apparently listening toa ballgame, as he had an earphone in his ear. I asked him if everything was alright, and he said yes, it was.

We stood outside of Ernie Fletcher's office (in the rotunda)for about 20 minutes, then I went up to the second floor. The man in the suit did not come with me.

I'm not a lawyer, and this is not legal advice.

RIAShooter

imported post

KY_CCDW wrote:
Not a LEO or anything like that. State law prohibits carrying in legislative meetings (unless you're a legislator), but notin state bldgs.

The guard asked to see my permit, and asked to make a copy of it to hold while I was in the building.

A man in a suit came and stood beside me while I was listening to the speaker. He was apparently listening toa ballgame, as he had an earphone in his ear. I asked him if everything was alright, and he said yes, it was.

We stood outside of Ernie Fletcher's office (in the rotunda)for about 20 minutes, then I went up to the second floor. The man in the suit did not come with me.

I'm not a lawyer, and this is not legal advice.

You don't happen to be the same guy from KC3 that Oc'ed into the Boone County Courthouse because they had a no concealed weapon sign, instead of a no deadly weapon sign do you?

KY_CCDW

imported post

No, that wasn't me. Never been to the Boone Co. CH.

But I am a member of KC3, for about 13 years now. I remember when we only had a few dozen members!

You familiar with that other group, KFFI?

KY_CCDW

imported post

http://kffi.org/

Both organizations seem to be in need of some new energy. If you are interested in the topic, you should step up to a leadership position. Both groups have people who have been there a long time, and are in need of new blood!

Cyklopz

imported post

I heard a story about that OC event from a certain instructor up near Cincy...someone who works with the KC3 group. ;)

Cy

TheMrMitch

imported post

KY_CCDW wrote:
http://kffi.org/

Both organizations seem to be in need of some new energy. If you are interested in the topic, you should step up to a leadership position. Both groups have people who have been there a long time, and are in need of new blood!
Just tried this site....get 404 error when clicking on left side links.....????

KY_CCDW

imported post

Yep. I get the same with Firefox. Like I said, they are both run by folks who have been doing it a LONG time....maybe they're a little bit burned out.

If you know people who could lend a hand, I'm sure they'd be appreciated.

I did the KC3 web site for several years, from the beginning of the group in the mid 90's until2002. Its all volunteer work. Sometimes you have to step back and breathe a little!

New blood is needed in both organizations!

(disclaimer: I'm not currently on the board of either group.)

RIAShooter

imported post

Cyklopz wrote:
Name of Joe?

Cy
Ha ha yep that was my ccw instructor, amazing class if anyone is interested, let me know in a PM and i'll give you more info, I was gonna go the the advanced tatics class this weekend, but I couldn't afford the 500 rds!!!!