• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Need UTAH Class ASAP

docwatson

imported post

I am planning a relo to AK and will be driving cross-country and need to get a Utah permit done ASAP. If you have a class pending or can do private instruction, please contact me via docwatson223at-gmail-dot-com

67GT390FB

imported post

docwatson wrote:
I am planning a relo to AK and will be driving cross-country and need to get a Utah permit done ASAP. If you have a class pending or can do private instruction, please contact me via docwatson223at-gmail-dot-com

doc,

check with pourshot on this website, he is a Utah instructor and in your area. Also check with VCDL President Philip is also a Utah instructor.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

learn2shoot also has something planned, in someone's home (in Fairfax, I think) and they need two more students. This was announced at last night's VCDL meeting. learn2shoot@discovershooting.net

Gilberts Small Arms range also has a Utah instructor.

eyesopened

imported post

Tess wrote:
Gilberts Small Arms range also has a Utah instructor.
My brother took his utah course and the wierd thing is, he didn't have to do a live fire test. I thought that Utah CHP required this, but I must be mistaken. Anyone have other info?

Armed

imported post

Just out of curiosity - why is the Utah permit so attractive for Virginians? At the VCDL meeting, I was surprised there were so many people that either had one, or wanted one. I even further surprised that we have Utah instructors here in Virginia. What's do great about having a Utah permit?

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

Armed wrote:
Just out of curiosity - why is the Utah permit so attractive for Virginians? At the VCDL meeting, I was surprised there were so many people that either had one, or wanted one. I even further surprised that we have Utah instructors here in Virginia. What's do great about having a Utah permit?

When you combine your Virginia resident permit and a Utah non-resident permit, it allows you to carry in about 34 states.

Florida will recognize your Virginia resident permit, which is great for travelers EXCEPT that you cant drive straight through to Florida on just your Va. permit. The Utah permit opens up states that will allow you to go all the way through. The Utah permit is the most widely accepted concealed carry permit due to the recipriocity agreements that Utah has with so many states and the training outline that Utah requires to be taught to its students. To become a Utah certified instructor, an instructor needs to travel to Utah to take the Instructor course. They are really on the ball. The initial permit is $65 and renewals in 5 years are only $10.Our Utah class is extremely popular each month.

docwatson

imported post

Thanks all for the responses - especially Philip and Pourshot. My urgency doesn't seem to communicate to my spouse very well and it will be about 2 weeks before we can engage fully. Thanks again.

TFred

imported post

In addition, Utah protects and holds private their permit holder's personal information by law.

Unlike Virginia, which hands it out like cotton candy at the state fair...

TFred

TFred

imported post

zoom6zoom wrote:
I'm not sure how long it's taking Utah to actually process the applications these days... they were running way behind, taking several months.
As a matter of fact... I happen to know of one recent data point:

Mailed application
Credit card charged - 13 days after mailing
Permit mailed - 51 days after mailing
Permit received - 55 days after mailing

TFred

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

zoom6zoom wrote:
I'm not sure how long it's taking Utah to actually process the applications these days... they were running way behind, taking several months.

zoom -

By Utah law, they are required to complete the permit process in 60 days. As more and more people realize what a great permit it is to have, you can surely expect more delays. It has been a very popular class for us and I can only imagine what the interest has been like around the U.S.