• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

STATE ATTORNEY GENERAL EMPLOYEE

mikesmith

imported post

Hello,

I called the Attorney GENERALS OFFICE to get someone to explain my right to open carry.( SINCE THE COPS, STATE AND LOCAL DON'T HAVE A CLUE) I was transferred to the person that knows this at the police officer commission. The whole time I am on the phone this telephone operator is listening to my message I am leaving for this guy. She had the balls to interupt my message to inform me that the Attorney General's office did not need me being sarcastic. I then asked her if it is customary for state workers to listen in on phone conversations. She told me she did. I have talked to the OHIO OIG and filed a complaint. My lawyer is next. As for my right to open carry I will when in Ohio and Newark every chance I get. THE STATE OF OHIO EMPLOYEE THAT SAID THIS PROBABLY CAN'T FIND A SNOWBALL IN A BLIZZARD. COMMAND SGT. MAJOR Smith USA.:banghead::question::what:

AlabamaFamilyMan

imported post

mikesmith wrote:
Hello,

I called the Attorney GENERALS OFFICE to get someone to explain my right to open carry.( SINCE THE COPS, STATE AND LOCAL DON'T HAVE A CLUE) I was transferred to the person that knows this at the police officer commission. The whole time I am on the phone this telephone operator is listening to my message I am leaving for this guy. She had the balls to interupt my message to inform me that the Attorney General's office did not need me being sarcastic. I then asked her if it is customary for state workers to listen in on phone conversations. She told me she did. I have talked to the OHIO OIG and filed a complaint. My lawyer is next. As for my right to open carry I will when in Ohio and Newark every chance I get. THE STATE OF OHIO EMPLOYEE THAT SAID THIS PROBABLY CAN'T FIND A SNOWBALL IN A BLIZZARD. COMMAND SGT. MAJOR Smith USA.:banghead::question::what:
Try again, record her admitting it, then bring charges under state and federal wiretapping statues. She is intercepting communications; an operator transfers, but is not a party to the communication.

Edit to add: Ohio is a one-party recording state, according to several sites.