• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pistol "Gun Rack" ????

LovesHisXD45

imported post

ROFL! I can see your point. Actually, as long as the gun is not "Utah Loaded", you can have it mounted and visible regardless of whether it is in a gun rack, securely encased etc...if you don't have a permit. If you do have a permit, you can keep the gun in any condition, visible or concealed, and you could even hang it from your rear view mirror as deco if you wanted to.

Kevin

ScottyT

imported post

I have long thought that the ideal way to transport a firearm for those who do not have a CFP would be to mount a SERPA CQC on the dashboard.

I have thought about it and I have my CFP, I just think it would be a comfortable and convenient way to be armed while driving.

scorpioajr

imported post

I just think it would be a comfortable and convenient way to be armed while driving
+1 ScottyT

LovesHisXD45 wrote:
...as long as the gun is not "Utah Loaded", you can have it mounted and visible regardless of whether it is in a gun rack, securely encased etc...
Would this still be a problem for school zones. For it to no be deemed "readily available", wouldn't it HAVE to be securely encase or in a gun rackto satisfy the weapon not being "readily available"? or am i screwin' something up...

(Thank you for clarifying for my brain, i did my best to search the code for myself here: http://le.utah.gov/~code/TITLE76/76_10.htm , the words kinda run together after a while.:lol::banghead::lol:)

scorpioajr

imported post

I found it:

[font="Arial,Helvetica"]
76-10-504. Carrying concealed dangerous weapon -- Penalties.
(1) Except as provided in Section 76-10-503 and in Subsections (2) and (3):
(a) a person who carries a concealed dangerous weapon, as defined in Section 76-10-501, which is not a firearm on his person or one that is readily accessible for immediate use which is not securely encased, as defined in this part, in a place other than his residence, property, or business under his control is guilty of a class B misdemeanor; and
(b) a person without a valid concealed firearm permit who carries a concealed dangerous weapon which is a firearm and that contains no ammunition is guilty of a class B misdemeanor, but if the firearm contains ammunition the person is guilty of a class A misdemeanor.
(2) A person who carries concealed a sawed-off shotgun or a sawed-off rifle is guilty of a second degree felony.
(3) If the concealed firearm is used in the commission of a violent felony as defined in Section 76-3-203.5, and the person is a party to the offense, the person is guilty of a second degree felony.
(4) Nothing in Subsection (1) shall prohibit a person engaged in the lawful taking of protected or unprotected wildlife as defined in Title 23, Wildlife Resources Code, from carrying a concealed weapon or a concealed firearm with a barrel length of four inches or greater as long as the taking of wildlife does not occur:
(a) within the limits of a municipality in violation of that municipality's ordinances; or
(b) upon the highways of the state as defined in Section 41-6a-102.

Also: [/font][font="Arial,Helvetica"]76-10-501[/font][font="Arial,Helvetica"](2) (a) "Concealed dangerous weapon" means a dangerous weapon that is covered, hidden, or secreted in a manner that the public would not be aware of its presence and is readily accessible for immediate use.

So it looks like i was confusing the OC laws of transport with the CC laws.
[/font]

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
I found it:

[font="Arial,Helvetica"]
(a) a person who carries a concealed dangerous weapon, as defined in Section 76-10-501, which is not a firearm on his person or one that is readily accessible for immediate use which is not securely encased, as defined in this part, in a place other than his residence, property, or business under his control is guilty of a class B misdemeanor; and...
snip[/font]
I see the word "property" in the highlighted part but this word is NOT defined within the regulation so would this word then take the NORMAL dictionary meaning?

And if it does, is not a vehicle owned by an individual "PROPERTY" meaning that I can concealed carry in my car, motorhome, motorcycle, boat, atv, bicycle.... anything owned be me without being "guilty of a class B misdemeanor" even WITHOUT a concealed permit?

Did I read this properly.... Or is it just wishful thinking?:shock::shock:

LovesHisXD45

imported post

Arghgh. :( I forgot about the lousy federal regulation about school zones!!!!

DOH@@@!!! Sorry 9mm

Kevin

LovesHisXD45

imported post

JoeSparky wrote:
ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
I found it:

[font=Arial,Helvetica]
(a) a person who carries a concealed dangerous weapon, as defined in Section 76-10-501, which is not a firearm on his person or one that is readily accessible for immediate use which is not securely encased, as defined in this part, in a place other than his residence, property, or business under his control is guilty of a class B misdemeanor; and...
snip[/font]
I see the word "property" in the highlighted part but this word is NOT defined within the regulation so would this word then take the NORMAL dictionary meaning?

And if it does, is not a vehicle owned by an individual "PROPERTY" meaning that I can concealed carry in my car, motorhome, motorcycle, boat, atv, bicycle.... anything owned be me without being "guilty of a class B misdemeanor" even WITHOUT a concealed permit?

Don't forget 76-10-505 :( "in a vehicle" or on the street..... :( :( :(

scorpioajr

imported post

LovesHisXD45 wrote:
JoeSparky wrote:
ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
I found it:

[font="Arial,Helvetica"]
snip[/font]

but thats referencing "loaded Dangerous Weapon" correct?

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

LovesHisXD45 wrote:
JoeSparky wrote:
ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
I found it:

[font="Arial,Helvetica"]
snip[/font]

oH, the hazards of just reading PART of a law....

My Bad....:banghead::banghead::banghead:

But, stick around and post some more and I may do it again! LOL

JoeSparky

scorpioajr

imported post

JoeSparky wrote:
My Bad....:banghead::banghead::banghead:

But, stick around and post some more and I may do it again! LOL

JoeSparky

Lol- like i said, those law paragraphs just start to blend together after a while of staring at 'em :D

I'll sooner understand binary code!