• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Breakfast

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Almost let the time get away - quick week.

So as a matter of making a rapid call we shall repeat.

IHOP - Midlothian Blvd., Rt. 60, next to Va. State Police Hdqtrs.

9:30 AM Sat. Sept. 20th

Bring your appetite and a friend.

Yata hey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

ProShooter wrote:
not much of a secret now, is it? :)
Slightly inside joke. Didn't always post anything and another asked if was a secret - so we announce the hidden location now. :)

Yata hey

Jason Rogers

imported post

Anyone know the proper addy, for those of us who have never been down midlothian blvd? Went to the IHOP web site and could not find one on midlothian.

12321 Chattanooga Plz
Midlothian, VA 23112-4867

7714 Midlothian Turnpike
Richmond, VA 23235-5226

these are as close as I could find.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Jason Rogers wrote:
Anyone know the proper addy, for those of us who have never been down midlothian blvd? Went to the IHOP web site and could not find one on midlothian.

12321 Chattanooga Plz
Midlothian, VA 23112-4867

7714 Midlothian Turnpike
Richmond, VA 23235-5226

these are as close as I could find.

Without bothering to check, I's hazzard to say it is address #2. The location is on Midlothian Turnpike, just 1+ mile west of the intersection with Chippenham Parkway. For those of you who do not use GPS navigational devices, look for the State Police Headquarters - the IHOP is immediately west of there.

You must forgive Grapeshot when he posts the location of secret meeting places - he remains convinced that it really ought to remain secret so he screws up the street number and/or the street name.

For anyone thinking of attending - we get space in the smoking section because 1) at least half of the regular attendees smoke, 2) there are moveable tables there as opposed to fixed booths, and 3) walking in and out (as well as any trips to the "little person of appropriate gender" room or for coffee refills if our waitress is busy elsewhere)alllows those so inclined (Grapeshot, you know who I'm talking about) totake the long route so everybody can see whatthey are wearing that morning. The rest of us people-watch for the :(or :uhoh:eek:r :Xor :?or :shock:eek:r :cry:or :cuss:eek:r :what:reactions. Maybe one day we will get a :celebratereaction.

stay safe.

skidmark

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Well it's no secret now! You just need to know who you can trust with certain information. Bring your appetite and a friend - I'll keep the pot full. :lol:

IHOP Restaurant
7714 Midlothian Turnpike
Richmond, VA 23235-5226

Sat. 9/20 9:30 AM

Yata hey

FROM WASHINGTON: South on I-95 to Richmond, right at Exit 79, immediately go to left lane and take exit onto Route 195 to Powhite Parkway (Rt. 76), left onto Chippenham Parkway (Route 150) South then right onto Midlothian Turnpike (Route 60) West for 0.7 mile, right into IHOP Restaurant, just west of traffic light at Turner Road intersection and next to Virginia State Police Headquarters.
FROM NORFOLK: I-64 West to Richmond, left at exit 75 & 190 onto I-95 South, right at Exit 74-A to Downtown Expressway (Route 195) to Powhite Parkway (Route 76), left onto Chippenham Parkway (Route 150) South, then right onto Midlothian Turnpike (Route 60) West for 0.7 mile, right into IHOP Restaurant just west of traffic light at Turner Road intersection and next to Virginia State Police Headquarters.

FROM PETERSBURG: I-95 North to Exit 67 then north on Chippenham Parkway (Route 150), take right at Exit to Midlothian Turnpike (Route 60) West for 0.7 mile, right into IHOP Restaurant, just west of traffic light at Turner Road intersection next to Virginia State Police Headquarters.

FROM CHARLOTTESVILLE: I-64 East to Exit 175 onto Route 288. Take the Midlothian Turnpike East exit and continue for approximately 11 miles. At Turner Road, restaurant is on your left next to Virginia State Police Headquarters. Make a U-turn at Turner Road and turn right into IHOP Restaurant.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Infidel and son&heir showed up - two waffles forthe youngstertoday instead of French Toast. Be sure to ask "Fastdraw" how his new Serpa holster worked at the Nat. Guard training - and remember You can sleep well at night because they are guarding us (old billboard from the 70's for trivia buffs).

The Lady Friend was convinced to come and dine with us, also. May not do that again, as she & Grapeshot took turns trying to dis me.

Once the new kid waiter got into gear the coffee pot was kept full and he managed to get all the orders right - including reminding Grapeshot that he only got 2 pancakes with his order while others were entitled (per the menu) to 3. The Lady Friend graciously exchanged with him to stop the tears from flowing down his cheeks.

We got quite a few states and :what:looks, but either my hearing aids were turneed off or nobody said anything loud enough for me to pick up on it. "Course, that does not mean much, as I cannot hear anything quieter than a train horn even with the hearing aids. All I do is look wise and nod my head, and every once in a while say "Yes, dear."

Next OC breakfast with Grape & skid is tentatively 9/27. Location TBA - anybody want to suggest a place feel free to say so - as long as it has coffee.

stay safe.

skidmark

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Need to hurry up and say this while Skid is taking a breath 'cause he never sees me with my hand raised.

Had a great time and thoroughly had my tanks filled. Never had a server before that did not know what "sunny side up" meant though. Infidel's son sure did pack the waffles away. The patience of Skid's lady friend is admired - both with kids and him. Don't worry, next time there will be crayons available for everyone.

I tried to say nice things about you Skid. I really was trying. :lol:

Next Sat. same time, different station?

Yata hey