• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Street Festival Old Town Manassas Saturday

Nelson_Muntz

Campaign Veteran
imported post

On Saturday, September 20th, there will be a street festival in Old Town Manassas. The Manassas Museum will be hosting a car show with tricked out Mustangs and a Model T showing and assembly/disassembly demonstration. In addition, the pavilion across the street will be hosting an international food and culture festival. The city merchants will be capitalizing on these events and will have street sales. The Farmer's Market will also be open. Normally, Manassas City shuts down the streets so that folks can wander at will, and the City's finest will be there in force, on foot and on harley. Ample parking in the brand new 4 story VRE parking garage near the train station.

I will be wandering through and sampling wares on my way to the Repub HQ on Center Street to pick up a yard sign for Congressman Frank Wolf. At the last Fall Festival I wandered with the crowd and was aware of being followed by the city's finest. They broke off when I stopped at the Repub HQ and got in a conversation with State Rep. Jackson Miller.

For those interested, this may be a good opportunity to provide a booster shot in Manassas City in case the effects of the Tony's Seven has worn off. See you there!

Nelson_Muntz

Campaign Veteran
imported post

No sir. I think it will be quite a casual day. My family will be accompanying me and we will be running around town after our attendance. I have some corpses to outfit with duds for our upcoming Halloween fright-fest!

We are aiming to hit the food fest and the farmer's market in the pavilion, and will be spending a little time at the R HQ to discuss involvement. I'll be wearing a white Fred Thompson polo to offset my evil black gun and will be with my obscenely beautiful bride and my bored to tears preteen son. I know that a lot of meetups happen at the burger joint there, but we will be interested in sampling the food at the pavilion. The event runs from 10-5. We should be there at about 10:30.

Nelson_Muntz

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Well, it was a lot of fun drooling over some beautiful cars. If they gave me one of my pick for free I would never be able to decide. Got my business done at HQ, interacted with a few Manassas City LEOs and VADF. No issues, screams, stares or black helos, but plenty of folks asking for information or assistance.

I even met two OCDO lurkers! Nice folks. Hope they had a good time too. Here's a few pictures from my phone. Too many cars and not enough phone memory!!

http://flickr.com/photos/30667768@N07/sets/72157607396578627/detail/

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Appreciate the pix - looks like a lot of fun!

Wish that I had time to make the trip. Thanks for spreading the word.

Yata hey