• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

[S]hort [B]arrel [R]ifle legal in WA?

emperor

imported post

Hey winners. Does anybody know if can we apply for a Federal Tax Stamp to construct a SBR in the state of Washington. If so where can I find more information or submit the BATFE paper work and have it sign off?

Appreciate all the help I can get.

Thanks in advance....

David.Car

imported post

What you have in mind? One of these? ;)

mn9130sbr2hl0.jpg

emperor

imported post

Is AR-based "Pistol" allowed? I'm getting really confused on the whole matter. Please help.

Bear 45/70

imported post

An AR pistol is legal as long as you start with a reciever that was never assembled as a rifle. You can not cut down a rifle and make it a pistol. I am still in the process of making an AK pistol.

Bear 45/70

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
Here's one I'll make up for you, Track Toad.:lol: Cause everyone knows all you tanker types are all pussy's at hear.:p
I'd shoot that till the grips turned a different color
That would be a while, that is powder coated. You could get it in and out of the hatch too. Well, if you lose 20 pounds.:lol:

joeroket

imported post

emperor wrote:
Is AR-based "Pistol" allowed? I'm getting really confused on the whole matter. Please help.
You can buy AR lowers that are marked as pistols and build them as a pistol or rifle. The pistol requirement is that the manufacture had to build them with the intention of being a pistol and that it could not have a shoulder stock on them.

FE427TP

imported post

Technically it doesn't even need to be marked as a pistol, it just can never have had a shoulder stock put on it before it's assembled as a pistol after that point it appears (I disagree though) that it can be assembled as a rifle and then back to a pistol as long as the short barrel is never on it while the shoulder stock is also by referencing the thompson contender issue where they went to court against the ATF. I myself have pistol marked lowers, at $130 each I got three from Spikes with colored lettering and bought them all as handguns and had my dealer enter them into his book as handguns when he received them in case heller went bad and I got to resell them later at a modest profit :D
DCP_4158-1.jpg