• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Xbox Gamertags!

ScottyT

imported post

I am always in need of friends who OC to play online with! 95% of my online time is on COD4, so especially that! I know there are some OCers here who also play, so lets get together and build camaraderie!

Post your gamertags here!

Mine = Mwasa

Edited for non-compliance

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

ScottyT wrote:
I am always in need of friends to play online with! 95% of my online time is on COD4, so especially that!

Mine = Mwasa
And how is this OC related? This is not a catch-all general forum.

See rule #2

Yata hey

FogRider

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
ScottyT wrote:
I am always in need of friends to play online with! 95% of my online time is on COD4, so especially that!

Mine = Mwasa
And how is this OC related? This is not a catch-all general forum.

See rule #2

Yata hey
I OC when I play :p Really, I don't see how this is much different than an OC dinner. It's a bunch of like minded folks meeting up virtually.

Lucy Quipment on XBL
Fink_Ployd on PSN

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

ScottyT wrote:
The General Discussion Forum:

...are somewhat off-topic or that do not fit anywhere else. Topics should still be related to the focus of the forum

I have edited my original post to comply.
Good luck slick.

Yata hey

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

DreQo Angelus here. I don't play as much as I used to, but when I do it'susuallyCOD4or Halo 3. I'm also on Rock Band a lot!

Some of you guys have to get off this whole "OMG you're not on topic!" crap. This is a general discussion area. Let us discuss generally.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

DreQo wrote:
DreQo Angelus here. I don't play as much as I used to, but when I do it'susuallyCOD4or Halo 3. I'm also on Rock Band a lot!

Some of you guys have to get off this whole "OMG you're not on topic!" crap. This is a general discussion area. Let us discuss generally.
[font="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"]General Discussion still should be related - "2) Since we are a site dedicated to open carry,firearms and gun rights, all posts should relate substantially to one of these topics, even if your comments pertain mainly to freedom andliberty."

Not my rules -Mike's and John's. I don't pimp my other hobbies or interests here.

If you think that your personal wants are paramount to the limits prescribed here then that is a reflection of who and what you are. Glad everybody else doesn't have your attitude.

Actually meant it to be informative but some seem to take offense.

Yata hey

Yata hey
[/font]

FogRider

imported post

There are dozens of posts that are even less related to OC, so why complain about this one in particular? And what makes it any different than a "Hey, lets meet up for lunch" thread?

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

FogRider wrote:
There are dozens of posts that are even less related to OC, so why complain about this one in particular? And what makes it any different than a "Hey, lets meet up for lunch" thread?

I think someone just needs to buy him an Xbox. He obviously doesn't know what he's missing :D.

But yeah, I've added a few OC guys to my buddy list already, and have noticed that they have "advertisements" for OCDO on their profile. What a great way to get the word out! I've even had conversations with random people over Xbox live about carrying. It seems like a lot of guys that like shooting games tend to like guns. Go figure :lol:.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

FogRider wrote:
Same defense that a ticketed speeder makes, but I'm not the only one, why me?

Your comparison with video games with the purpose of OC meet-ups - answering the public's questions and passing out info cards to those interested - is ludicrous.

The original purpose as stated before was to be informative - most understand and try to fit the profile suggested. Sorry you don't agree.

Have a nice day.

Yata hey

danbus

imported post

Well, while playing COD4, I've had conversation with other gun owners, about different guns and laws.

But when I play with serious gun owners, we discuss on how realistic video games depict actual firearms.

For example, in the game Call of Duty 4, you are able to select from different side arms from a Beretta 92, HK USP, 1911, desert eagle, and gold plated desert eagle.

Ex 1 - when I select my 1911 for usage, I am somehow able to fire it in the game with the hammer down :p

Ex 2 - when I use my gold plated desert eagle, I can rapid fire it will extreme accuracy and little recoil :shock:

Again, it's only a game.

But to be honest, I've never met ANY OCers on COD4.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

To be quite honest, I never considered video games involving guns and the interaction involved nor the potential linking of like minded OCers. Maybe because my limited experience in this arena goes back to Ms Pacman. :?

OK so an ol' dog can learn new tricks. Carry on.

Yata hey

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Our bigotries and prejudices are certificates of completion of School of Hard Knocks classes. Ms. Pacman is sufficient to accomplish nothing.

I am personally acquainted with one video gamer, dumpling boy, and he will become a virtually rich leader or a mass murderer. I predict the latter.

AbNo

imported post

I see no problem with this thread.

I mean, we have lots of meet n' greet, and other get together threads. Just because this one's for XBL, it's no different.

That being said, I tired from playing with profanity-obsessed 12 year olds, and indeed, haven't turned ON my 360 in months.

I DID, however, rig up my TV to the S-Video out of my video card. :cool:

FogRider

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
To be quite honest, I never considered video games involving guns and the interaction involved nor the potential linking of like minded OCers. Maybe because my limited experience in this arena goes back to Ms Pacman. :?

OK so an ol' dog can learn new tricks. Carry on.

Yata hey
No harm, no foul. Sometimes I forget some folks don't consider online interactions as perfectly natural. I guess it comes from growing up in the digital age, I view an internet get together as completely normal.

ScottyT

imported post

Played COD4 with Dan last night, he is really good and his friend is an absolute COD4 god (lowercase "g" of course) -- how anyone gets 41 kills in a Deathmatch game is beyond me.

Good times, always more fun to play with people you know, even if you are only virtual friends with them!

Dustin

imported post

XBL GT - TW xHITMANx

Currently I'm holding down my #235 out of 500,000 spot on the leaderboards in Battlefield Bad Company.

Click Here - http://tghq.org/

Click on TW for Tactical Shooting or TS for Sports Gaming.

I also run http://www.twhq.org and/or http://www.tacticalwarfare.org Which is a Branch from the Sight above.

Our gaming community was started in 2004 to bring like minded gamers together from around the world.

If You like to play Tactically, with mature folks, that's what we try to bring to the table. No Snot nosed, brats who cheat and cry and then curse you out for being good or bad.

It's all about respect in TW.

TW mainly focuses on Tactical Shooting Games, Gears of War, Rainbow Six, Call of Duty, Halo, Socom, Resistence, Battlefield, etc.etc.

But our Sister branch for Sports covers all Sports Games. Football to Fighting to Racing to Soccer and some.

Although most of the younger members swarm the website forums, more so than the rest of us, we all adhere to TW's Rules and Regs which are set up to ensure Respect and Teamwork throughout the Community.