View Poll Results: Richmond OC Trash Pick-up Preferred Day

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Saturday is best

    1 12.50%
  • Sunday is best

    2 25.00%
  • Either day works

    5 62.50%
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Richmond OC Trash Pick-up

  1. #1
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,622

    Post imported post

    Make your preference known between which day would be best for you (either if it makes no difference) then "sign in" to sign up.

    Indicate how many additional people might come with you. Children are welcome but must have direct adult supervision.

    Date to be announced - probably after mid- October Culpeper picnic and shoot.

    Go to sister thread for general comments and suggestions:
    http://tinyurl.com/3lw3ac
    (You may have to copy and paste -don't know why but having a problem linking)

    Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  2. #2
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682

    Post imported post

    So far three (3) people have indicated an interest. With tow saying either day of the weekend is OK and one voting for Saturday, itappears that the early voting resultsshow the event will take place on a Saturday. (Thanks to tv talking heads reporting on the upcoming election for being able to understand polls and how to report them )

    Would picking a section of roadway that has a OC-friendly restaurant close to the end-point increase the number of folks willing to come out & participate? Seems we can usually get up a decent crowd for a meal.

    stay safe.

    skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Richmond Lynchburg, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    636

    Post imported post

    Has an area been identified or suggested for the pick up. I would suggest one of the city streets through the VCU campus or perhaps Monument Avenue for the best visibility.

  4. #4
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,622

    Post imported post

    kenny wrote:
    Has an area been identified or suggested for the pick up. I would suggest one of the city streets through the VCU campus or perhaps Monument Avenue for the best visibility.
    These are both areas which I would endorse. It will be sometime next week before I get a chance to check out any permit that might be needed along with any rules that might apply.

    Please no comments on we should not need to get permission. We are not going to start this off with having any avoidable problems.

    Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Richmond Lynchburg, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    636

    Post imported post

    Grapeshot wrote:
    kenny wrote:
    Has an area been identified or suggested for the pick up. I would suggest one of the city streets through the VCU campus or perhaps Monument Avenue for the best visibility.
    These are both areas which I would endorse. It will be sometime next week before I get a chance to check out any permit that might be needed along with any rules that might apply.

    Please no comments on we should not need to get permission. We are not going to start this off with having any avoidable problems.

    Yata hey
    Contact information

    WHITE DEXTER DIRECTOR OF PUBLIC WORKS 646-6430 PUBLIC WORKS

  6. #6
    Regular Member ProShooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    Posts
    4,671

    Post imported post

    I'd like to join in, schedule permitting......

    If you can find a C'field location, I may have an "in" as far as getting us some good PR.
    James Reynolds

    NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    , Virginia, USA
    Posts
    201

    Post imported post

    I'm in, but it'll probably be an option on sunday only, at least for the next month or so.

    If i may add my suggestion, why not make this a recurring event? maybe pick a new place every month or so?

    as far as where too... well, yall seem to get out of the house more than i do...

  8. #8
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,622

    Post imported post

    savery wrote:
    I'm in, but it'll probably be an option on sunday only, at least for the next month or so.

    If i may add my suggestion, why not make this a recurring event? maybe pick a new place every month or so?

    as far as where too... well, yall seem to get out of the house more than i do...
    We are testing the waters at this point but the reoccurring event is a definite possiblity. More details as plans unfold.

    Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •