• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Richmond OC Trash Pick-up

Richmond OC Trash Pick-up Preferred Day

• Saturday is best

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sunday is best

• Either day works

• Total voters

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Make your preference known between which day would be best for you (either if it makes no difference) then "sign in" to sign up.

Indicate how many additional people might come with you. Children are welcome but must have direct adult supervision.

Date to be announced - probably after mid- October Culpeper picnic and shoot.

Go to sister thread for general comments and suggestions:
http://tinyurl.com/3lw3ac
(You may have to copy and paste -don't know why but having a problem linking)

Yata hey

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

So far three (3) people have indicated an interest. With tow saying either day of the weekend is OK and one voting for Saturday, itappears that the early voting resultsshow the event will take place on a Saturday. (Thanks to tv talking heads reporting on the upcoming election for being able to understand polls and how to report them :lol:)

Would picking a section of roadway that has a OC-friendly restaurant close to the end-point increase the number of folks willing to come out & participate? Seems we can usually get up a decent crowd for a meal.

stay safe.

skidmark

kenny

imported post

Has an area been identified or suggested for the pick up. I would suggest one of the city streets through the VCU campus or perhaps Monument Avenue for the best visibility.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

kenny wrote:
Has an area been identified or suggested for the pick up. I would suggest one of the city streets through the VCU campus or perhaps Monument Avenue for the best visibility.

These are both areas which I would endorse. It will be sometime next week before I get a chance to check out any permit that might be needed along with any rules that might apply.

Please no comments on we should not need to get permission. We are not going to start this off with having any avoidable problems.

Yata hey

kenny

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
kenny wrote:

These are both areas which I would endorse. It will be sometime next week before I get a chance to check out any permit that might be needed along with any rules that might apply.

Please no comments on we should not need to get permission. We are not going to start this off with having any avoidable problems.

Yata hey
Contact information

WHITE DEXTER DIRECTOR OF PUBLIC WORKS 646-6430 PUBLIC WORKS

savery

imported post

I'm in, but it'll probably be an option on sunday only, at least for the next month or so.

If i may add my suggestion, why not make this a recurring event? maybe pick a new place every month or so?

as far as where too... well, yall seem to get out of the house more than i do...

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

savery wrote:
I'm in, but it'll probably be an option on sunday only, at least for the next month or so.

If i may add my suggestion, why not make this a recurring event? maybe pick a new place every month or so?

as far as where too... well, yall seem to get out of the house more than i do...
We are testing the waters at this point but the reoccurring event is a definite possiblity. More details as plans unfold.

Yata hey