View Poll Results: How often do you carry?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • All the time, no questions asked

39 61.90%
  • Most of the time

18 28.57%
  • Only when I feel the need to

4 6.35%
  • I rarely ever carry a gun

2 3.17%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How often do you carry?

Post imported post

Just curious to see how much people actually exercize their rights

Activist Member

Post imported post

Most of the time. A lot of times I cannot carry because I'm in locations where it is illegal, such as universities.

Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States

Post imported post

I carry whenever I can, which really isn't that often. I have a live-in position as the manager of a house for homeless veterans. Due to the nature of some of the guys who come through here I've been asked to keep the pistol OFF the property. Right now it's locked up in the car and I put it on when I'm going to be out long enough to make it worth it. On my salary, that's not very often.

Edit: I selected "Only when I feel the need to" only because it's the closest to the truth.
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

Post imported post

I carry everywhere I legally can, every day. Of course here in Georgia that rules out where I work (I teach at a high school) and at my church.

Post imported post

Unless I'm somewhere that it's illegal I carry all the time, every day, every where. It's just part of getting dressed for me now.

Post imported post

I carry every day, all day, except in my place of employment. Other than the 40-45 hours on the job, it's always on me or within arms reach (sleeping, shower, boom boom:P).

The bad guys never take a day off, why should I?

Post imported post

Unless I'm in jail, I carry everywhere at all times.

Post imported post

Everywhere it is legal to do so. That may involve switching back and forth between OC and CC as the situation and location varies. It also includes every room in my abode except when I am showering or sleeping - but do not presume I am not still keeping and bearing arms during those times. At least one social function requires that it be taken off my person, but is is nearby even then.

"It aint paranoia if you know they are out to get ya". (somebody said that, somewhere) I'm not paranoid, but I want to be prepared.

stay safe.

skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Post imported post

I carry whenever I leave the house, and have a gun nearby in the house.

Post imported post

Just part of gettin' dressed.

Post imported post

I would put down all the time, but my job prohibits firearms and although well concealed, I need my job too much to take the chance. So I answered MOST of the time.

If I'm not at work, I'm carrying. It's always in my pocket (Kel-Tek P-3AT).

...Orygunner...

Post imported post

I voted "I rarely ever" because:

1. My place of employment is a "gun free zone." (8.5 hours/day)

2. The school I attend is also a "gun free zone." (2-3 hours/day)

3. Most of my free time is spent at home with my anti-gun family.
    So I can only carry when I fill up my truck or go to the bank by myself.

State Researcher

Post imported post

I wouldn't carry if I were ever to have to go to court etc....otherwise, all the time.

"The boss" even allows me to carry while I work...(self-employed :celebrate)

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

24/7 except where prohibited by law - that includes all waking hours in my home.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Banned

Post imported post

Everywhere legally allowed except the gym... which leaves me, a college studentwho's employer doesn't allow firearms,with almost no where.

mdgary

Post imported post

I carry everywhere that alcohol allows me to ,I don't drink but it still control where I can and can't carry.:X

Probably the reason you can't carry in a bar is the law makers are there and scared you will shoot their drunk ass.

Post imported post

Everywhere, every day.

Unfortunately, my job requires me to travel every week, so I have to put my gun in check baggage at the airport, and go unarmed until I reach my destination. I load it as soon as I get into my rental car, though.

Other than while flying, I have a gun on me all the time, including in my own house. Of course there is the usual activities of sleeping, showering, etc, and I'll just keep it sitting on a table or dresser in my hotel room. Since it's such a small room, it always within a second or two.

Post imported post

Everywhere but work. Frankly my boss would probably allow on the job OC, he's pretty relaxed and a shooter himself, but it would be inconvenient when I'm working and already carrying all those tools, plus my gun could get damaged. Sure, there are the rare places I have to go that don't allow weapons where I leave it in the car, but for the most part, I open carry everywhere I go, every day, and avoid all businesses that don't allow guns.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
    24/7 except where prohibited by law - that includes all waking hours in my home.
    That sums it up for me. Several years back I changed jobs to allow for carry at work. When sleeping or showering I don't actually carry but I am still armed (immediate access). Also bear in mind that a personal arm is only one facet of layered security. But that's a different subject.

The short answer is always.

Post imported post

Like many others I carry everywhere I legally am allowed to. I don't carry at work but I have other means of self-defense available.

Post imported post

Who takes it off? My Rossi has it's own pillow.:P

Post imported post

mdgary wrote:
    I carry everywhere that alcohol allows me to ,I don't drink but it still control where I can and can't carry.:X

Probably the reason you can't carry in a bar is the law makers are there and scared you will shoot their drunk ass.
    See, that's the difference between the various states.

Here in the Old Dominion we are not allowed to carry concealed where they serve booze, but there is nothing that says we cannot open carry. Guess our lawmakers were too drunk to understand they left us a loophole when they prohibited ccw near booze.

stay safe.

skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

NavyLT wrote:
    Only when I leave the house. Unless it is to go to work. My "employer" (IE: the man, big brother) won't let me carry there or in "the parking lot".
    No credit.

That's a choice you make each time you do not submit your letter of resignation. I notice that you miss few opportunities to parrot BB's party line.

There are WG-10 pipefighters that risk dismissal rather than toe BB's line.

Post imported post

NavyLT wrote:
    Only when I leave the house. Unless it is to go to work. My "employer" (IE: the man, big brother) won't let me carry there or in "the parking lot".
    Can't have a firearm at the base--any base, so don't at work. Don't if going up to the local ShopandSave or W-Mart. Do when going into town. Always when traveling. What I carry depends on where I'm going. Most parts of COS, the Bersa Mini-9--14 rounds of 115 gr HST +P, or the M-85 snubbie with GD 135g +Ps. Some parts, one of the SIG GSRS, 230gr +P HSTs. Good compromise for anywhere: Hi-Power, 124gr +P+ HSTs.
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V

Post imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
    NavyLT wrote:
    No credit.

That's a choice you make each time you do not submit your letter of resignation. I notice that you miss few opportunities to parrot BB's party line.

There are WG-10 pipefighters that risk dismissal rather than toe BB's line.
    Who is "BB"? Big Brother? I'm not sure that serving your country and taking the oath, military or civilian--or both for some of us, to support and defend the constitution is serving 'BB.' Part of that constitution is why this forum exists--and you can post here. But then, we've had this discussion before, haven't we?
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast