• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How often do you carry?

How often do you carry?

• All the time, no questions asked

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Most of the time

• Only when I feel the need to

• I rarely ever carry a gun

• Total voters

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
imported post

I carry whenever I can, which really isn't that often. I have a live-in position as the manager of a house for homeless veterans. Due to the nature of some of the guys who come through here I've been asked to keep the pistol OFF the property. Right now it's locked up in the car and I put it on when I'm going to be out long enough to make it worth it. On my salary, that's not very often.

Edit: I selected "Only when I feel the need to" only because it's the closest to the truth.

MSgt G

imported post

I carry everywhere I legally can, every day. Of course here in Georgia that rules out where I work (I teach at a high school) and at my church.

icode

imported post

Unless I'm somewhere that it's illegal I carry all the time, every day, every where. It's just part of getting dressed for me now.

Evil Ernie

imported post

I carry every day, all day, except in my place of employment. Other than the 40-45 hours on the job, it's always on me or within arms reach (sleeping, shower, boom boom:p).

The bad guys never take a day off, why should I?

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Everywhere it is legal to do so. That may involve switching back and forth between OC and CC as the situation and location varies. It also includes every room in my abode except when I am showering or sleeping - but do not presume I am not still keeping and bearing arms during those times. ;) At least one social function requires that it be taken off my person, but is is nearby even then.

"It aint paranoia if you know they are out to get ya". (somebody said that, somewhere) I'm not paranoid, but I want to be prepared.

stay safe.

skidmark

Orygunner

imported post

I would put down all the time, but my job prohibits firearms :cuss:and although well concealed, I need my job too much to take the chance. So I answered MOST of the time.

If I'm not at work, I'm carrying. It's always in my pocket (Kel-Tek P-3AT).

...Orygunner...

like_the_roman

imported post

I voted "I rarely ever" because:

1. My place of employment is a "gun free zone." (8.5 hours/day)

2. The school I attend is also a "gun free zone." (2-3 hours/day)

3. Most of my free time is spent at home with my anti-gun family.
:cuss: So I can only carry when I fill up my truck or go to the bank by myself.

Comp-tech

State Researcher
imported post

I wouldn't carry if I were ever to have to go to court etc....otherwise, all the time.

"The boss" even allows me to carry while I work...(self-employed :celebrate)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

24/7 except where prohibited by law - that includes all waking hours in my home.

Yata hey

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Everywhere legally allowed except the gym... which leaves me, a college studentwho's employer doesn't allow firearms,with almost no where.

M

mdgary

imported post

I carry everywhere that alcohol allows me to ,I don't drink but it still control where I can and can't carry.:cuss::X:banghead:

Probably the reason you can't carry in a bar is the law makers are there and scared you will shoot their drunk ass.

Slayer of Paper

imported post

Everywhere, every day.

Unfortunately, my job requires me to travel every week, so I have to put my gun in check baggage at the airport, and go unarmed until I reach my destination. I load it as soon as I get into my rental car, though.

Other than while flying, I have a gun on me all the time, including in my own house. Of course there is the usual activities of sleeping, showering, etc, and I'll just keep it sitting on a table or dresser in my hotel room. Since it's such a small room, it always within a second or two.

Michigander

imported post

Everywhere but work. Frankly my boss would probably allow on the job OC, he's pretty relaxed and a shooter himself, but it would be inconvenient when I'm working and already carrying all those tools, plus my gun could get damaged. Sure, there are the rare places I have to go that don't allow weapons where I leave it in the car, but for the most part, I open carry everywhere I go, every day, and avoid all businesses that don't allow guns.

cccook

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
24/7 except where prohibited by law - that includes all waking hours in my home.

That sums it up for me. Several years back I changed jobs to allow for carry at work. When sleeping or showering I don't actually carry but I am still armed (immediate access). Also bear in mind that a personal arm is only one facet of layered security. But that's a different subject.

The short answer is always.