• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ODU sent out this this morning

CRF250rider1000

imported post

"Last night, there were two off-campus robberies of Old Dominion University students. At approximately 9:45 p.m. Friday, Sept. 19, two students were robbed in the vicinity of 42nd Street and Hampton Boulevard. The perpetrators were described as two armed males in dark clothing.

At approximately 1:50 a.m., Saturday, Sept. 20, five students were robbed in the 3800 block of Killam Avenue. Two armed males approached the group as they were leaving a party and demanded their belongings.

In both cases, no one was injured.

Norfolk police are leading the investigation, with assistance from Old Dominion police. In addition to a wide sweep of the area, both units have stepped up patrols with marked and unmarked vehicles and officers.

Anyone with information should call the Old Dominion University police at 683-4000."

Hokie

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:
The perpetrators were described as two armed males in dark clothing.

... Two armed males approached the group ...

Well that narrows it down. With such good descriptions how could they not get caught.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

I have this picture of Danbus walking up to an ODU student to ask the time. He immediately throws his watch, wallet and class ring at him and runs away screaming hysterically...:lol::lol::lol::lol::uhoh::what:

20060207-perp-assult.jpg

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Sheriff wrote:
I assume that'sa cop in the image you posted. If so, the department he works for must not have any standards in dress and appearance.

peter nap wrote:

He ain't too pretty, is he/

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

zoom6zoom wrote:
Well, it couldn't have been three-armed males, and Richard Kimble was already out looking for the one-armed men...
Oh, god! That was bad. That was really bad. :)

SaltH2OHokie

imported post

Citizen wrote:
zoom6zoom wrote:
Well, it couldn't have been three-armed males, and Richard Kimble was already out looking for the one-armed men...
Oh, god! That was bad. That was really bad. :)
I had to read it three times, but on the third time the Fugitive reference clicked and I had to laugh :lol:

nova

imported post

hanging_chad wrote:
Really??? I miss the Happy Hour they had which included 10 cent beers and 50 cents for a slice of really bad pizza before evening class.
and ammo was under 10 bucks for 100rds of 9mm too...:lol: