• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Must = Totally Visible?

mousegun380

Opt-Out Members
imported post

Hello, been reading for a while and finally decided to post. Thanks for all of the information you all have worked to build on this topic.

I have a CCW and want to start carrying IWB uncovered but with an unbuttoned long sleeve shirt on. (Tee shirt tucked in with IWB concealed only by long sleeve untucked shirt.)

I thought to myself that even if the wind blew my long sleeved shirt exposing the gun and someone saw it at some point, it wouldn't be a big deal since OC is legal (in appropriate muni). I read on another thread that someone said that "you better be sure it's totally visible".

Is there some facet to the OC law that states that it must be totally visible even if I have a CCW? Something that would get me in trouble with a LEO if they got called if someone saw the gun?

Mack 12ga.

imported post

From what I understand so long as you have your C.C.W you are OK, and if your shirtflies up then its no big deal, you just don't want any one to see it if you are concealing it with out a permit, that would get you into trouble.

Ian

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

mousegun380 wrote:
Thanks, that's what I thought!
Yes you are covered, but I wouldn't make it a habit of letting your concealed firearm become visible, that's more likely to freak people out. If it's an accident, of course that's understandable, but try not to let it happen. Either conceal or open carry, but if you are concealing, try to keep it hidden.