Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pennsylvania woman has LTCF revoked for Open Carry

Post imported post

A woman in Pennsylvania named Meleanie, who posts on PAFOA.org as "shefearsnothing", just had her LTCF revoked. She was legalling OCing at her children's soccer game, for which a LTCF is not even required!

link to PAFOA thread with more details:

http://www.pafoa.org/forum/concealed...f-revoked.html

copy of letter:

--RedKnightt--

Zombie Squad has it right: “We hold fast to the belief that if you are prepared for a scenario where the walking corpses of your family and neighbors are trying to eat you alive, you will be prepared for almost anything.”

Post imported post

I don't know why people even bother with a LTCF. Just get one from another state that gives reciprocity (Utah/FL) and be done with it.

Revoke THAT!

Post imported post

Just goes to show that LEOs are not required to knowthe law- all they need are a few catch phrases with which they can oppress the public (disorderly conduct, endangerment, etc.).

If mere open carry is such a threat then every sheriff out there is equally guilty of the cited flaws in character and reputation, and should not be eligible to hold public office. I hope this person is aware that she can petition the court for relief and that she takes full advantage of her right to appeal.

Post imported post

Is there a way to copy this to the Hot Topics section?

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

More to follow soon - apparently a local judge who recently stepped down from the bench is the Director of the soccer club and responsible for pushing for action against this woman.

Post imported post

RedKnightt wrote:
    A woman in Pennsylvania named Meleanie, who posts on PAFOA.org as "shefearsnothing", just had her LTCF revoked. She was legalling OCing at her children's soccer game, for which a LTCF is not even required!

She and I have much in common. Perhaps there is a 'recovery group' we can both join.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Accomplished Advocate

Post imported post

guess this judge and sheriff hadn't heard ofneal brotz?

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

I wonder if these idiots realize their actions would have no effect on her open carrying.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

I trust that she will say no more without council and guidance.
    Understand that she has contacted the gorilla - that is good.
    Will be awaiting the developments as they are able to be released.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

This is intellectual dishonesty, and abuse of authority. What evidence does the Sherrif's office have that this person was likely to act in a dangerous manner? Does this mean LEO in Pennsylvania should lose their permission to carry concealed?

Mr. DeLeo should turn in his badge for abusing his authority. I hope this woman sues the city.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

:celebrate Let us celebrate the wonder that is our LEO's!!

I hope she gets them good.

Post imported post

I just finished reading the posts at pafoa on this incident. Looks like the sheriff is heading for deep doo doo!:celebrate

Post imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
    Any time you apply for a permit or a license, you're admitting the activity is a privileged activity, not a right.
    As such, it's subject to being revoked, as in this case.
    One more time: forgo the permit/license racket, open carry and be done with it.
    The reason we, in Pa need a LTCF, is to be able to carry in a vehicle.

Post imported post

Mike wrote:
    More to follow soon - apparently a local judge who recently stepped down from the bench is the Director of the soccer club and responsible for pushing for action against this woman.
    Boy, does that ever sound like a small-town racket. Somebody needs to step on this judge's d**k and hard. Same for any other officials in on this.

I hope when the time comes for a show of numbers I can make the drive. Pennsylvania in the autumn is beautiful.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

DKSuddeth wrote:
    You mean "Greg Rotz"? (that's me ). He'll be hearing from me shortly:
    1508 Guilford Station Rd
    Chambersburg, PA 17202

September 22, 2008

Sheriff Michael DeLeo
    Room 3, Municipal Building
    400 South 8th Street
    Lebanon, PA 17042-6794

Sheriff DeLeo,

I'm sure this is not the first correspondence you have received regarding your recent revocation of Meleanie Hain's License To Carry Firearms.

Like Mrs. Hain, I encountered a Sheriff who was more concerned with personal opinion than the law. I challenged him in court, and had my License To Carry Firearms restored on the spot, without a single witness being called.

Since then, I have become actively involved helping others who face similar circumstances. I learned much throughout the process, and have now joined with those who assisted me to multiply our efforts against such injustices.

I've enclosed eight newspaper articles and two press releases to give you an idea of what lies ahead of you. Additionally, please find enclosed a cd, containing both local TV coverage and national radio talk show coverage of my case. I hope you like attention, because you are about to receive a great deal of it. Unfortunately, I do not believe that the majority of it will be positive for your office.

I'm looking forward to attending Mrs. Hain's appeal hearing and witnessing your defeat in person. No need to look for me though, I'll be sure to introduce myself.

Sincerely,

Greg Rotz

Post imported post

gnbrotz wrote:
    DKSuddeth wrote:
    1508 Guilford Station Rd
    Chambersburg, PA 17202

September 22, 2008

Sheriff Michael DeLeo
    400 South 8th Street
    Lebanon, PA 17042-6794

Sheriff DeLeo,

I'm sure this is not the first correspondence you have received regarding your recent revocation of Meleanie Hain's License To Carry Firearms.

Like Mrs. Hain, I encountered a Sheriff who was more concerned with personal opinion than the law. I challenged him in court, and had my License To Carry Firearms restored on the spot, without a single witness being called.

Since then, I have become actively involved helping others who face similar circumstances. I learned much throughout the process, and have now joined with those who assisted me to multiply our efforts against such injustices.

I've enclosed eight newspaper articles and two press releases to give you an idea of what lies ahead of you. Additionally, please find enclosed a cd, containing both local TV coverage and national radio talk show coverage of my case. I hope you like attention, because you are about to receive a great deal of it. Unfortunately, I do not believe that the majority of it will be positive for your office.

I'm looking forward to attending Mrs. Hain's appeal hearing and witnessing your defeat in person. No need to look for me though, I'll be sure to introduce myself.

Sincerely,

Greg Rotz
    That is a great letter Greg ! I hope I have the privilege of meeting you someday, I like your style. Keep up the good work.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

1508 Guilford Station Rd
    Chambersburg, PA 17202

September 22, 2008

Sheriff Michael DeLeo
    400 South 8th Street
    Lebanon, PA 17042-6794

Sheriff DeLeo,

Sincerely,

Greg Rotz
    I like it, I like it.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Phone Number:
    (717) 274-2801 Ext. 2356
    (717) 228-4410

Fax Number:
    (717) 279-8398

General E-mail:
    sheriff@lebcnty.org

Post imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
    And his phone number is..............?
    And his email is __________?

Yata hey

Whoops hadn't read that one yet - thanks, will add to the pile.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Accomplished Advocate

Post imported post

gnbrotz wrote:
    DKSuddeth wrote:
    I knew I had that right before I edited it. no sleep really jacks me up.

Post imported post

Just to share - see attached missive to the Sheriff of Nottingham ..errr.... Lebanon.

Yata hey

Post imported post

Email Sent!

Post imported post

marioleal wrote:
    Email Sent!
    Welcome aboard OCDO and good start. Hope you enjoy it here. Lots of good things happening including in your home state.

Yata hey

Post imported post

Anyone know when the appeal hearing is?

Post imported post

So here we have it - an LEO states that open carry indicates a character flaw that indicates a likelihood to pose a danger to public safety.

By that standard, perhaps all uniformed officers should be fired?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast