• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pennsylvania woman has LTCF revoked for Open Carry

RedKnightt

imported post

A woman in Pennsylvania named Meleanie, who posts on PAFOA.org as "shefearsnothing", just had her LTCF revoked. She was legalling OCing at her children's soccer game, for which a LTCF is not even required!

link to PAFOA thread with more details:

http://www.pafoa.org/forum/concealed-open-carry-121/32796-ltcf-revoked.html

copy of letter:

lebanonrevocation.jpg

--RedKnightt--

Zombie Squad has it right: “We hold fast to the belief that if you are prepared for a scenario where the walking corpses of your family and neighbors are trying to eat you alive, you will be prepared for almost anything.”

codename_47

imported post

I don't know why people even bother with a LTCF. Just get one from another state that gives reciprocity (Utah/FL) and be done with it.

Revoke THAT!

ne1

imported post

Just goes to show that LEOs are not required to knowthe law- all they need are a few catch phrases with which they can oppress the public (disorderly conduct, endangerment, etc.).

If mere open carry is such a threat then every sheriff out there is equally guilty of the cited flaws in character and reputation, and should not be eligible to hold public office. I hope this person is aware that she can petition the court for relief and that she takes full advantage of her right to appeal.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

More to follow soon - apparently a local judge who recently stepped down from the bench is the Director of the soccer club and responsible for pushing for action against this woman.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

RedKnightt wrote:
A woman in Pennsylvania named Meleanie, who posts on PAFOA.org as "shefearsnothing", just had her LTCF revoked. She was legalling OCing at her children's soccer game, for which a LTCF is not even required!

She and I have much in common. Perhaps there is a 'recovery group' we can both join.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

I wonder if these idiots realize their actions would have no effect on her open carrying.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

I trust that she will say no more without council and guidance.
Understand that she has contacted the gorilla - that is good.
Will be awaiting the developments as they are able to be released.

Yata hey

Statesman

imported post

This is intellectual dishonesty, and abuse of authority. What evidence does the Sherrif's office have that this person was likely to act in a dangerous manner? Does this mean LEO in Pennsylvania should lose their permission to carry concealed?

Mr. DeLeo should turn in his badge for abusing his authority. I hope this woman sues the city.

ne1

imported post

I just finished reading the posts at pafoa on this incident. Looks like the sheriff is heading for deep doo doo!:celebrate

imported post

Any time you apply for a permit or a license, you're admitting the activity is a privileged activity, not a right.
As such, it's subject to being revoked, as in this case.
One more time: forgo the permit/license racket, open carry and be done with it.

fingers80002

imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
Any time you apply for a permit or a license, you're admitting the activity is a privileged activity, not a right.
As such, it's subject to being revoked, as in this case.
One more time: forgo the permit/license racket, open carry and be done with it.
The reason we, in Pa need a LTCF, is to be able to carry in a vehicle.

Tomahawk

imported post

Mike wrote:
More to follow soon - apparently a local judge who recently stepped down from the bench is the Director of the soccer club and responsible for pushing for action against this woman.

Boy, does that ever sound like a small-town racket. Somebody needs to step on this judge's d**k and hard. Same for any other officials in on this.

I hope when the time comes for a show of numbers I can make the drive. Pennsylvania in the autumn is beautiful.

gnbrotz

Campaign Veteran
imported post

DKSuddeth wrote:
guess this judge and sheriff hadn't heard ofneal brotz?
You mean "Greg Rotz"? (that's me ;)). He'll be hearing from me shortly:
1508 Guilford Station Rd
Chambersburg, PA 17202

September 22, 2008

Sheriff Michael DeLeo
Room 3, Municipal Building
400 South 8th Street
Lebanon, PA 17042-6794

Sheriff DeLeo,

I'm sure this is not the first correspondence you have received regarding your recent revocation of Meleanie Hain's License To Carry Firearms.

Like Mrs. Hain, I encountered a Sheriff who was more concerned with personal opinion than the law. I challenged him in court, and had my License To Carry Firearms restored on the spot, without a single witness being called.

Since then, I have become actively involved helping others who face similar circumstances. I learned much throughout the process, and have now joined with those who assisted me to multiply our efforts against such injustices.

I've enclosed eight newspaper articles and two press releases to give you an idea of what lies ahead of you. Additionally, please find enclosed a cd, containing both local TV coverage and national radio talk show coverage of my case. I hope you like attention, because you are about to receive a great deal of it. Unfortunately, I do not believe that the majority of it will be positive for your office.

I'm looking forward to attending Mrs. Hain's appeal hearing and witnessing your defeat in person. No need to look for me though, I'll be sure to introduce myself.

Sincerely,

Greg Rotz

no carry permit ?

imported post

gnbrotz wrote:
DKSuddeth wrote:
guess this judge and sheriff hadn't heard ofneal brotz?
You mean "Greg Rotz"? (that's me ;)). He'll be hearing from me shortly:
1508 Guilford Station Rd
Chambersburg, PA 17202

September 22, 2008

Sheriff Michael DeLeo
400 South 8th Street
Lebanon, PA 17042-6794

Sheriff DeLeo,

I'm sure this is not the first correspondence you have received regarding your recent revocation of Meleanie Hain's License To Carry Firearms.

Like Mrs. Hain, I encountered a Sheriff who was more concerned with personal opinion than the law. I challenged him in court, and had my License To Carry Firearms restored on the spot, without a single witness being called.

Since then, I have become actively involved helping others who face similar circumstances. I learned much throughout the process, and have now joined with those who assisted me to multiply our efforts against such injustices.

I've enclosed eight newspaper articles and two press releases to give you an idea of what lies ahead of you. Additionally, please find enclosed a cd, containing both local TV coverage and national radio talk show coverage of my case. I hope you like attention, because you are about to receive a great deal of it. Unfortunately, I do not believe that the majority of it will be positive for your office.

I'm looking forward to attending Mrs. Hain's appeal hearing and witnessing your defeat in person. No need to look for me though, I'll be sure to introduce myself.

Sincerely,

Greg Rotz
That is a great letter Greg ! I hope I have the privilege of meeting you someday, I like your style. Keep up the good work.

Alwayspacking

Campaign Veteran
imported post

1508 Guilford Station Rd
Chambersburg, PA 17202

September 22, 2008

Sheriff Michael DeLeo
400 South 8th Street
Lebanon, PA 17042-6794

Sheriff DeLeo,

Sincerely,

Greg Rotz
I like it, I like it.:D