• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

BAN at Martinsburg Airshow

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

This is why i did not go to the fly in.

I usually carry not only pocket knives and multi tools on my person, but I have a firearm in my flight survival bag along with an axe per required/suggested equipment under the old CANADIAN and US regulations for remote area flying.

Funny they don't mention how they expect to check pilots and aircraft arriving on the flight line side of the security check point.

Regulations

Regards

6L6GC

imported post

you may have to take them to court. This will put them in their place as well as serve notice to the other city councils that you are serious about the state's preemption laws.

We here in VA (the VCDL) have had to litigate things down here to get it through the city council's head more than once.

When the Newport News city council flipped me off over the library "no weapons" signs I handed him my attorney's card and said if the signs are not down by this weekend your contact with me will be restricted to going through my attorney. See ya in court.

I checked that weekend and the signs were down. Just something to consider.