• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Parker Family Fair

wayradbrad

imported post

Hi everyone, just thought I'd pass on my experience open carrying today.
I live clear up in Broomfield and I have several friends that live near Parker and they invited me and my children to the family fair. Beautiful day for it and the kids and I didn't have any plans so..... what the heck good times.
We got down there around 10:30am I guess and they had everyone parking in a field just north of E. Main on N. Pine drive.
Just a quick note on how and what I was carrying.
I carry a stainless Govt. model Kimber TLE RL 1911 in a Galco FLETCH high ride OWB holster and a Galco two mag. pouch. I was wearing kaki shorts, dark blue shirt, black ball cap, sunglasses and tennis shoes.
Anyway, I have three children so we all piled out of the jeep as did our friends out of their van and headed to the fair as a group. 16 of us total, 5 adults 11 children. There were people everywhere. We crossed the street with a group of at least 35 folks, had a few looks but nothing more. The neat thing about the fair other than being family oriented, is that everything was free, I mean everything! They had grilled hot dogs, bottled water, cotton candy and all kinds of other stuff:)
At one point we cross a small residential street to get to the rest of the fair and as we're walking we all see a Parker police officer walking twards us from about 50 yards off. Now all my friends know I'm carrying and we're spread out over a little distance so they all pay attention to the officer to see his reaction or if he notices my sidearm. He does and although i'm not really paying attention, my friends are. So as he passes me he does a full 180 and looks at my weapon and then just keeps on walking.
I guess no reaction is the best reaction. All in all, a great day. The truth is other than a few looks not one person seemed to even care that I was open carrying. We spent almost three hours there today and not one problem.
I wish I would run into others who open carry. I know at some point I will. Until then, I'll keep on keepin on.
moz-screenshot.jpg
moz-screenshot-1.jpg
moz-screenshot-2.jpg
Esprit de Corps, Brad.