• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First OC experience

Harvey041

imported post

Well I found this site while I was deployed in the desert (Active duty Air Force) and I told myself that I would OC when I got back to the states. I got back last week and I went out to OC at the local Wallyworld. So with my 1911 in a serpa holster I went and bought a 12 pack of coke and went to the self checkout lane. The cashier there walked by me noticed my 1911 in the holster and walked away then came back and did the same thing. I thought it was obvious as all get up that I was carrying a weapon but no one said a thing:cool:. I think she was the only one to notice and didnt care. Very good experience and my next trip I'll walk around a lot more. :)

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

From one servicemember to another... Thank you for your sacrifice for our country, and thank you for exercising your rights. Carry open, carry often.

Welcome to OCDO! :celebrate

Alwayspacking

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Welcome to the site, I was at Al Udeid AB Qatar when I found out about this site. I got back to the US and have been OC 99.9% of the time. It feels good to Oc don't it?

Harvey041

imported post

It feels great but at the same time I am still a little nervous about peoples reactions to me. I'm not the type to like confrontation, its amazing even though I know its completely legal I feel like I am doing something wrong. It's one thing to carry a M16 around in the desert than to carry a 1911 around here in the states.:uhoh:

Edit: Funny how society works that way.

scorpioajr

imported post

Harvey041 wrote:
It feels great but at the same time I am still a little nervous about peoples reactions to me. I'm not the type to like confrontation, its amazing even though I know its completely legal I feel like I am doing something wrong. It's one thing to carry a M16 around in the desert than to carry a 1911 around here in the states.:uhoh:

Edit: Funny how society works that way.

First off, welcome back home to the states, sincerely. To add a bit more to my previous post: Do your best to memorize the statutes pertinent to OC, practice with a bud and have him try to take your gun (30 second intervals[and for god sakes, unloaded, unloaded..]), and do your BEST not to be looking around too much when you OC. lol, i did this for the first couple of months until my buddy told me I looked like i was about to 'pounce' on somebody. hehe.

Lots of good people on this site (Well, watch out for thoughtpolice, he's got a silver tongue, hehe) We are all here and willing to answer any you have. Even if you think its been asked before, or if its a dumb one: i haven't seen too many people get all anal about the "use the search button!" yet.

We're here for ya.:monkey

ainokea

imported post

ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
...(Well, watch out for thoughtpolice, he's got a silver tongue, hehe)
+1 billion!!!:lol::lol: Welcome to the site post often and ask as many question as you would like!!