Thread: Found myself OCing in an interesting place last night... :)

Post imported post

Let me preface this by saying:
    1) I know that when I OC I am doing nothing wrong, but police make me a little nervous because of the stories I have read abut here.
    2) I make sure to do my best to not look nervous, but alert and confident when I OC as to not bring unnecessary attention to myself.

Ok, so, wife and I decided to go out to dinner on a whim last night. We showed up at the restaurant (one we had never been to before) and there a few police cars in the parking lot. I was a little nervous at this point because I had no idea what was going on. Then I noticed a pair of officers standing in the parking lot talking. wierd. We went in to the restaurant and on a whiteboard at the entrance was a sign that said "Tip-a-cop fundraiser for the Special Olympics". I was a little confused by the sign and didn't realy give it a second thought. We waited to be seated and a uniformed police officer walked over to us.
    My first thought was "crap, should have bought a voice recorder." The cop proceeded to show us to our seats and as we entered the dining area there were several uniformed other police officers as well. I almost laughed out loud when I realized what was going on. the Umatilla Police Department was working as the wait staff at the restaurant and all the tips were given to the Special Olympics as a donation. Pretty cool fundraiser. Almost all of the officers working had to have seen my XD, but none of them said a word about it. They were very professional and curteous I was happy to see that they were apparently ok with OC.

Another one of those "The way it should always be" situations. I like those.

Post imported post

Awesome story. 'Tis the way it should be.

Post imported post

amen, the way it should be. I wonder though, if there were a small minority of cops that did not say anything for fear of not getting any fundraising? Probably not. Anyway, coolness.

Yes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by neddis View Post
    another one of those "the way it should always be" situations. I like those.

like!!:d:d:d

Thumbs up

Well done.

Maybe they thought you were an off duty cop? lol

Thumbs up

Fantastic story! Thanks for sharing. I might have to stop in Hermiston and spend some dollars the next time I pass through.
    Total ignorance: an Obama supporter's stock in trade
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    All the talk about Overthrowing Big Government, Revolution, etc., it's just another one of those nostalgic ideas that individuals have idealized.
    O RLY?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...and_rebellions
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Books are overrated; and so is history.