Thread: Anyone Want to Meet Up at the 11h Annual Clarendon Day?

Post imported post

11th Annual CLARENDON DAY

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 27th, 2008 | Noon - 7 pm | Arlington's Biggest Party!

http://www.clarendon.org/clarendonDa...ay_map2008.jpg

Anyone want to meet up and open carry? Should be fun!! I'll plan to be at the Clarendon Metro at 13:00. Hope others will join me. First stop would be for food.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Looks fun.. I am a maybe.
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

http://www.clarendon.org/clarendonday.html

This link lists the food vendors, artists, children's activities, etc.

Post imported post

Reminder/New Time - I hope to be at the Clarendon Metro stop street level/top f the escalator around 12:00 Noon. Hope to meet some OC'ers then. I'll try again at 13:00 too.

Post imported post

I went. Positive reactions from the GOP booth. Negative reactions from the Obama booth. No reactions by Arlington County PD. One man wearing an Oabama t-shirt really got in my face while I was walking around and saidI should blow my brains out. I said to my wife, typical Democrat there. I think bystanders were a little shocked by that guy.

A real estate agent noticed and asked why I was carrying. I said it's like why do you wear a seatbelt when you get in your car? She said so you carry for protection.

I didn't see any other open carriers, but there is always next year. It's a pretty good street festival if you are in the Arlington area.

Post imported post

XD Owner wrote:
    One man wearing an Obama t-shirt really got in my face while I was walking around and saidI should blow my brains out. I said to my wife, typical Democrat there. I think bystanders were a little shocked by that guy.
    I usually tell these hoplophobes my favorite psychology class quote: "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

Post imported post

The Obama guy sounds unhinged and somewhat dangerous. I would have felt his comments constituted some degree of a threat. It might have qualified as disorderly conduct since his comments were designed to provoke a hostile response. Perhaps you should have asked the Arlington PD to talk to him so he understands his behavior is out of line.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

mpolo79 wrote:
    The Obama guy sounds unhinged and somewhat dangerous. I would have felt his comments constituted some degree of a threat. It might have qualified as disorderly conduct since his comments were designed to provoke a hostile response. Perhaps you should have asked the Arlington PD to talk to him so he understands his behavior is out of line.
    I often wonder if it's worth filing an assault complaint against someone like that. It might be enough to keep him from ever getting a gun or a permit. Of course, should he change his mind and want one, do we give him the benefit of the doubt because he learned something???
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein