• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone Want to Meet Up at the 11h Annual Clarendon Day?

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

Looks fun.. I am a maybe.
clarendon_day_map2008.jpg

XD Owner

imported post

Reminder/New Time - I hope to be at the Clarendon Metro stop street level/top f the escalator around 12:00 Noon. Hope to meet some OC'ers then. I'll try again at 13:00 too.

XD Owner

imported post

I went. Positive reactions from the GOP booth. Negative reactions from the Obama booth. No reactions by Arlington County PD. One man wearing an Oabama t-shirt really got in my face while I was walking around and saidI should blow my brains out. I said to my wife, typical Democrat there. I think bystanders were a little shocked by that guy.

A real estate agent noticed and asked why I was carrying. I said it's like why do you wear a seatbelt when you get in your car? She said so you carry for protection.

I didn't see any other open carriers, but there is always next year. It's a pretty good street festival if you are in the Arlington area.

Bulldog1967

imported post

XD Owner wrote:
One man wearing an Obama t-shirt really got in my face while I was walking around and saidI should blow my brains out. I said to my wife, typical Democrat there. I think bystanders were a little shocked by that guy.
I usually tell these hoplophobes my favorite psychology class quote: "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." :D

mpolo79

imported post

The Obama guy sounds unhinged and somewhat dangerous. I would have felt his comments constituted some degree of a threat. It might have qualified as disorderly conduct since his comments were designed to provoke a hostile response. Perhaps you should have asked the Arlington PD to talk to him so he understands his behavior is out of line.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

mpolo79 wrote:
The Obama guy sounds unhinged and somewhat dangerous. I would have felt his comments constituted some degree of a threat. It might have qualified as disorderly conduct since his comments were designed to provoke a hostile response. Perhaps you should have asked the Arlington PD to talk to him so he understands his behavior is out of line.
I often wonder if it's worth filing an assault complaint against someone like that. It might be enough to keep him from ever getting a gun or a permit. Of course, should he change his mind and want one, do we give him the benefit of the doubt because he learned something???