• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

looking for DE stores

KMK678GC

imported post

Understand x-ring will soon be operational.

Until then are there other DE stores supporting pistol handloaders / 45 colt / 38 / ?

thanks

sprat

imported post

forget those over priced retail stores

order from midwayusa.com or graf & sons you will get excellent service and good prices. personallyI buy my primers ( by the 1,000) and powder at gun shows or you can try T & T reloading in the allentown, Pa area they have the best prices.

unless you are one of those who has to go a drowl over the guns in the case, (not a put down) and give you hard earned money away

sprat

Hawker

imported post

Midway is good, but can be pricey for components.

I reload for the 45ACP and buy once fired Win brass from the online autions like Gunsamerica or Gunbroker. There are good deals to be had. If you are shooting a 45, they are low pressure and once fired brass is a great choice. I used to buy Starline brass for my competition ammo, but it was too much and I really didn't see much difference.

Bullets - I like lead. I shoot LSWC 200's and buy them from several sources. Just shop around online. In the winter if I shoot indoors, I shoot precision (black bullets). Less smoke. For carry, I don't use reloads. I load Golddots in my Wilson.

For powder, I like Vitavouri 320 the best. Shop online. Buy at least 4 lbs at a time.

Primers - Buy 5000 at a time and save some money. I like Federals. They feed better in my press and are more reliable with my lightened up S&W 625. Again, shop online.

As for the press... I've been using a DIllon 550b. I've had it for 7 or 8 years and it is great. Bought it through Brian Enos's website and got a discount.

Hope this helps.

sprat

imported post

Hay hawker

since you like replying to new posters try answering this question to you over month ago.in response to your crying about no one liking you

Quote "a punk with a 1911"

seems I touched a nerve since you have repeated it more than a several times, I think your a wee bit thin skinned.

Rob is a good guy, I've meet him more than a few times, but sucking up to him after the things you stated on this site does not cut it with most of us. we suspected you were lurking on the Deloc site, shame you don't have the nerve to post there and a shame you don't contribute. because when you not trying to jam your position down our throats you have some good things to say

remember Hawker YOU started the problem you have with most folks here, now is a good time to come clean and admit where you went wrong

How about "hay I am sorry I tried to bait you guy's" or "I have since seen the light" or "maybe you guy's convinced me I was to rash", or "I promise not to drop someones name to prove a point"

we are all waiting for your apology and I do mean all of us, stand tall as you will get this post after every post you make until you come clean

sprat

Hawker

imported post

Sprat- give it up.... and who's "we"?. Are you the designated spokesman for the open carry group? The bottom line here is that you wanted to stir up trouble and start fighting a war of words with me. Then you moved on to making uncalled for personal comments. I made my point that I prefer concealed carry over open carry and that's that. Get over it. I baited no one and have no problem with anyone here. I even invited you to go shooting with me awhile back (and the use my competition guns)but all you did was give me a bunch of crap and make snide innuendos on this site. Actually... I think that apologyshould beforthcoming from you.If that's too "in your face", too bad. If you want to start over, I get back from Blackwater in mid-November and maybe then you will want to go shooting with a better attitude.

We are on the same side, but we just aren't going to agree on everything. Lighten up some and have a good day Sprat.

KMK678GC

imported post

Thank you for taking time to respond and offering me options.

The facility in Allentown - do you have an address?

I live about 30 miles south and hate to admit - I am not aware of them.

I too have issues with box stores and make best effort not to fund them.

I watch pennies yet if i have a choice between a box and a mom and pop - good bye box.

again, thank you.

KMK678GC

imported post

Thank you for responding to my questions.

I am aware of an indoor range outside of Dover - do you know of others - indoor or out?

thanks