• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wife drops the OC bomb on me yesterday. :(

no carry permit ?

imported post

Convert to Islam, under their "law" you can beat your wife until she agrees with you, as long as you use a stick no thicker than your thumb.

youscareme

Banned
imported post

There are more wives where she came from. Somtimes I think women take themselves way to serious. By hell anyone can be replaced.

LovesHisXD45

imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
LovesHisXD45 wrote:
...this gun issue IS NOT CAUSING ANY, AND I REPEAT, ANY stress on the marriage in any way shape or form whatsoever for crying out loud...
lol- your a lucky man. There are plenty of stresses caused by guns in mine. but not OC issues...more like ,"No, you have enough guns, you don't need anymore!" argument. Lol.

I am putting up my Henry 44 mag Rifle for sell along with my Ruger Vaquero 44 mag.

I am also selling my Benelli Nova shotgun.

All these firearms I am selling too show my wife that I feel that SHE is MORE important than my guns.

She knows that am keeping 2 firearms. My kimber and S&W 4006.

If anyone is interested, PM me and spread the word.

I need to get rid of the ASAP

BTW, my wife also prefers me to CC vs OC. I will CC probably 75% of the time because I want HER to FEEL important and than NO OBJECTS are more important than her and also that I need to respect her to make her feel more comfortable and respected.

I can always OC when I am on my own at times. I did tell her that there will be an odd occasion or two when I will be OCing.

Just my .40

TJ

Hey. :) Long time no see. I'm glad you are doing better and that she has given you a second chance. I wish you the best.

Kevin

UTOC-45-44

imported post

LovesHisXD45 wrote:
UTOC-45-44 wrote:
ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
LovesHisXD45 wrote:
...this gun issue IS NOT CAUSING ANY, AND I REPEAT, ANY stress on the marriage in any way shape or form whatsoever for crying out loud...
lol- your a lucky man. There are plenty of stresses caused by guns in mine. but not OC issues...more like ,"No, you have enough guns, you don't need anymore!" argument. Lol.

I am putting up my Henry 44 mag Rifle for sell along with my Ruger Vaquero 44 mag.

All these firearms I am selling too show my wife that I feel that SHE is MORE important than my guns.

BTW, my wife also prefers me to CC vs OC. I will CC probably 75% of the time because I want HER to FEEL important and than NO OBJECTS are more important than her and also that I need to respect her to make her feel more comfortable and respected.

I can always OC when I am on my own at times. I did tell her that there will be an odd occasion or two when I will be OCing.

Just my .40

TJ

Hey. :) Long time no see. I'm glad you are doing better and that she has given you a second chance. I wish you the best.

Kevin

Kinda working it out from a distance, of you know what I mean.

Hey, Kev, what you described about your wife and your guyses relationship over the years I thought I had written it:uhoh:

TJ

LovesHisXD45

imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
LovesHisXD45 wrote:
UTOC-45-44 wrote:
ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
LovesHisXD45 wrote:

Just my .40

TJ

Kevin

Hey, Kev, what you described about your wife and your guyses relationship over the years I thought I had written it:uhoh:

TJ
Yeah. These days things are different. It's hard for an old-fashioned guy with traditional family values and expectations to hold together a relationship with a feminist new-age woman. The sad fact is, once a woman no longer "needs" a man to survive, it is more likely that they will stray in fidelity once they have become self-sufficient. Also, the 7-year itch seems to come in stages more like 3 years, 7 years, 10 and 14 year itches. ROFL

Let's just face it. A marriage has only a 10% chance of success of lasting "until death do us part" anymore. As I once posted before, the traditional roles of people in family has become warped and distorted to the point where it no longer functions properly, and thus will bring about the downfall of man and the end of the world as we know it. Once the family unit has been destroyed and society has become Godless, only greed, selfishness, corruption and envy will drive a person's existence. Our God-given sense of what is right and wrong is not properly seated into our youth without the proper guidence and influence of two loveing parents with good moral values with which to be an example. Broken families will breed broken children.

Kevin

swjr

imported post

LovesHisXD45 wrote:
UTOC-45-44 wrote:
LovesHisXD45 wrote:
UTOC-45-44 wrote:
ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
LovesHisXD45 wrote:

Just my .40

TJ

Kevin

TJ
Yeah. These days things are different. It's hard for an old-fashioned guy with traditional family values and expectations to hold together a relationship with a feminist new-age woman. The sad fact is, once a woman no longer "needs" a man to survive, it is more likely that they will stray in fidelity once they have become self-sufficient. Also, the 7-year itch seems to come in stages more like 3 years, 7 years, 10 and 14 year itches. ROFL

Let's just face it. A marriage has only a 10% chance of success of lasting "until death do us part" anymore. As I once posted before, the traditional roles of people in family has become warped and distorted to the point where it no longer functions properly, and thus will bring about the downfall of man and the end of the world as we know it. Once the family unit has been destroyed and society has become Godless, only greed, selfishness, corruption and envy will drive a person's existence. Our God-given sense of what is right and wrong is not properly seated into our youth without the proper guidence and influence of two loveing parents with good moral values with which to be an example. Broken families will breed broken children.

Kevin

OK. OK. I think we're all having a little one-sided conversation here. Asa woman, AND as I wife, I HAVE to throw in my .02

I have always consideredmyself "self-sufficient" and indepentant - but there is something I can NEVER provide for myself - and that's the love and friendship that my husband provides. It helps that we generally share the same views/ideas so we are able to support each other in our respective interests. Whether it's OC/CC or otherwise.

Not all women are the same - and not all men are as good as the group on this site.

t3rmin

imported post

...because everybody knows guns HATE kids. That sucker'll jump outta the holster and git a kid like a duck on a junebug. Ain't no stoppin' it. :shock:

But seriously, in my house we have a rule: rational thought. My wife and I may have a different relationship than yours, but if my wife came up with something like this, I'd simply ask her to articulate her reasoning and help me understand.

Make it an honest question. Don't ask it flippantly or condescendingly. We all have errors in thinking from time to time.

"How is an openly-carried gun more dangerous around kids than adults?"

"Do our kids have less of a right to be protected at sporting events than elsewhere?"

"Do we keep a fire extinguisher around only when we're planning to have a fire, or wear our seatbelts only when we're going to crash?"

Maybe she doesn't have a logical reason. That's OK, too. Talk about it. Don't force the issue, but work through it lovingly. Feelings are a good and normal enhancement to objective reality, but they are not decision-making tools.

Just my 2 cents.