• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Nevada State Rifle and Pistol Association?

imported post

I have found and visited a web page for the Nevada State Rifle and Pistol Association and it appears that this organization is defunct. Does anyone know anything about it? Are there any other organizations in Northern Northwest Nevada?

Vegassteve

imported post

I live in Las Vegas and am a member of Stillwater up in the Reno area. Great group and they have lots of shoots and are into the protestion of the 2ND A real big.

The one you mentioned took my money and ran.

varminter22

imported post

I haven't heard a darned thing about NSRPA in a very, very long time. I think its been years since they even published a newsletter. Dead? I don't know. Impotent? It certainly appears. I can tell you no one from the NSRPA testified before the Nevada legislature in 2007. What a shame.

Thanks, Steve!

www.stillwaterfirearms.org

calmp9

imported post

Vegassteve wrote:
I live in Las Vegas and am a member of Stillwater up in the Reno area. Great group and they have lots of shoots and are into the protestion of the 2ND A real big.

The one you mentioned took my money and ran.
Isn't the Nevada Rifle & Pistol Association supposed to be the state association of the National Rifle & Pistol Association?

varminter22

imported post

calmp9 wrote:
Isn't the Nevada Rifle & Pistol Association supposed to be the state association of the National Rifle & Pistol Association?

Yes, is, was, or is supposed to be. But the NSRPA is (in my opinion) virtually defunct.

There was talk of the NRA disassociating with the NSRPA. But I don't know the current status.

I've tried to learn more about the NSRPA but no one seems to know anything of its current status. The NSRPA website is woefully out of date; they have not published a newsletter (that I know of) for years.

If anyone knows anything, I too would like to hear it.

calmp9

imported post

varminter22 wrote:
calmp9 wrote:

Yes, is, was, or is supposed to be. But the NSRPA is (in my opinion) virtually defunct.

There was talk of the NRA disassociating with the NSRPA. But I don't know the current status.

I've tried to learn more about the NSRPA but no one seems to know anything of its current status. The NSRPA website is woefully out of date; they have not published a newsletter (that I know of) for years.

If anyone knows anything, I too would like to hear it.

That's not good. Even my anti-gun state has an action state association. I would like to think that Nevada would have a strong NRA backing there. I hope they will get that resolved.