Thread: DC Resident Defends himself

Post imported post

www.dcexaminer.com >> Local News

Dig the quote by the Police Union Chief at the End!

Timbers is on the mend, his union chief, Kris Baumann, told The Examiner.
    “Thank God he’s going to be all right,” Baumann said. “And thank God he was able to defend himself.”

DC Politician most likely comback-Well he was a Police Officer and he should be able to defend himself.

Post imported post

So, is this the only incident that occurred in DC? Simply freaking amazing! And, of course, he happened to be a retired police chief! I am sorry for the guy, but they should not be the only ones able to carry!

Post imported post

Good illustration as to why you should go to Condition Orange when a stranger in a city asks you what time it is.

Post imported post

Everyone knows that police officer's lives are more important than us regular folk. Who else would write speeding tickets and support the donut industry?

Post imported post

That's what I always say: never pass up an opportunity to bash the law enforcement community. God knows they're all a bunch of JBTs deserving of nothing but our contempt.

[/sarcasm]

Post imported post

TexasNative wrote:
    That's what I always say: never pass up an opportunity to bash the law enforcement community. God knows they're all a bunch of JBTs deserving of nothing but our contempt.

[/sarcasm]
    I have a state trooper in the family. I respect them but will always give them jabs when necessary.

Post imported post

So if this was a "normal citizen" like you and I, he would have possibly been dead.

because he happened to have "special rights" he was able to defend himself and live another day. If it were a "regular person" he would have been chastised by the police, brought up on charges of having a firearm in DC, and who else knows what.

time to end this injustice and allow ALL citizens of DC the right to life!

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

So this story says "enjoying a cigarette in front of his home". Another story says "walking his dog".

In either case, he wasn't IN his home.

Ain't it a good thing he was a police officer. Anyone else would have been in jail first, THEN trying to prove self-defense. In DC, anyway.

And as a "retired" officer, how does he have a union chief?

Methinks stuff don't add up here. There's lots more to this story.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

I will hold my comments until the story is clarified. Too many inconsistencies.

Post imported post

rob99vmi04 wrote:
    http://www.dcexaminer.com >> Local News

Dig the quote by the Police Union Chief at the End!

Timbers is on the mend, his union chief, Kris Baumann, told The Examiner.
    “Thank God he’s going to be all right,” Baumann said. “And thank God he was able to defend himself.”

DC Politician most likely comback-Well he was a Police Officer and he should be able to defend himself.

Post imported post

"One of the youths held up a handgun and said, “You know what time it is, don’t you?” a police source told The Examiner. Timbers reached for his service weapon and fired off two shots."

One thing is for sure, this guy had some brass cajones to be reaching for his weapon while those thugs had the drop on him. Either that or he knew, from the look in the thug's eye, that he had nothing to lose.

Post imported post

mpolo79 wrote:
    "One of the youths held up a handgun and said, “You know what time it is, don’t you?” a police source told The Examiner. Timbers reached for his service weapon and fired off two shots."

One thing is for sure, this guy had some brass cajones to be reaching for his weapon while those thugs had the drop on him. Either that or he knew, from the look in the thug's eye, that he had nothing to lose.
    That is when it gets really scary:what: